Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shippipng Over Charge

I bidded on a cellphone and was informed that I won the bid at R610 - However the seller put up a shipping charge of R670. He then billed me for R1 280. This was after I checked a question by previuos bidderwho requested the shipping charges - the answer was R60.

What do one do in this case?

Listing:
    Other Cell Phones & Smartphones - Brand new TV,WI-FI RADIO was sold for R610.00 on 14 Jul at 18:46 by reeves113 in Johannesburg (ID:23817638)

Q&A: (before seller deletes the "proof")

Q Hi, shipping charges plse. - Asked by Shorty66 (14 ) 13 Jul 20:00

A R60 13 Jul 20:45

Personally I feel that the move by the seller is disgusting business practice and he / she should be warned or tackled accordingly!

The buyer has every right to insist on paying the R610 plus R60 postage ONLY!

BoB's view on this?
    Click here for great deals!

Comment

report this to hello@bidorbuy.co.za as he should stick to the R60.00 as stated on the Q&A. Definitely don't pay over any money yet. Just be aware that the seller probably didn't get what he was hoping for on the sale and might disappear after receiving your money (Only has one rating for items sold and seems this might be given before receipt of the product.) Ask Bob to check the seller out before paying anything
      MY ITEMS

Comment

This is actually a good reason to contact communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za! The seller is committing blatant theft by asking for so much shipping after quoting only R60. It is such a bad reflection on all sellers on Bob that I believe the seller should be dispatched with haste!
        Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
        Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Yep, best bet is to report to the guys at BOB. Supply them with any ammunition and they shoot away ;)
          "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

I agree this is excessive, but also noticed that if the shipping charge of R60 is added to the winning bid of R610.00, the total is R670.00.
            Is it not possible that the seller made a mistake in the email and gave the total of the order as the shipping amount?
            Being human, anyone can make a mistake and this should be queried as a possible error.
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Tananka is right - it could be a genuine mistake. But it should still be reported to CW, I believe, just in case ...!
              Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
              Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Was looking at some pots...

Originally posted by caughtinact69 View Post
                I bidded on a cellphone and was informed that I won the bid at R610 - However the seller put up a shipping charge of R670. He then billed me for R1 280. This was after I checked a question by previuos bidderwho requested the shipping charges - the answer was R60.

And saw that the successful bidder on some pots I was interested in was the buyer caughtinact69 - had a quick look at your ratings - caughtinact69 - and see that this was the result of this thread's crazy shipping fiasco!

Negative rating for Brand new TV,WI-FI RADIO 01 Aug 2010

Comment: as i told you the phone doesn't come with that, only the cable u have. very bad buyer as the postage was 670 instead of 55 and made my sale not worth
                by reeves113 (3)

I think this is MOST unfair - R670 postage for an item which the seller reeves113 told another person in the Q&A was R60 postage!! NO WAY!!!
                "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Originally posted by caughtinact69 View Post

I am a little lost here, you have already rated the seller and it seems you have already paid the R1280.

This was clearly wrong from the onset, but why did you pay?
                  There's some info we dont know here, especially the discussion between you and the seller about the shipping and your agreement.

From the seller's rating, seems you paid R55.00 for shipping and not R670.00.

Sipho
                  CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                  X