Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else?

Hi all - just a quick Q here. Anybody also get this. I buy something, i pay on time, i honored the T&C as a buyer. Then after that I should get my rating right (positive I may add). So why do i get this a lot after I made purchases on BoB......

Leave feedback once you received your item and feedback will be left in return.

I mean, i should get my rating before and not after I rate the seller right? Is this just done if the seller get negative rating they can revenge rate you or something? I'm sorry but some sellers are so hyped up on the T&C put up by them for the sellers, but I think buyers need to have some T&C as well - something like "please after i made payment rate me, don't wait to see what my rating is or something along those lines" :p;)

This isn't aimed at anyone specific, just I came across it a few times, and that got me thinking - how many buyers get this. I mean that's not how it works. Having said that once I received my item and all is well, I am 100% happy, but what if I'm not - I will be revenge rated ?! But so far I have only dealt with great sellers, professional, friendly, communication great and so on...... just hope that continues
    Jacque31

I agree 100%.
    All buyers should be rated once payment is received.
    Sellers should be rated once goods are received.
    That's the way it should be, always.

These stipulations are just not OK.
    Perhaps your should refer this to BoB to look into.
    It is tantamount to blackmailing buyers into leaving positive feedback.

Any reasonable seller will deal with a buyer who is unhappy with goods received in a professional manner and make every effort to make sure the buyer is satisfied.

If I ever deal with a seller that has these stipulations, I won't bother to rate them, even if I was happy with the items, service, etc.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Yip agree, the audacity of making the statement "Leave feedback once you received your item and feedback will be left in return" is beyond belief - Honestly! What a cheek, I will not support sellers who treat their buyers this way.
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I have recently had this too - concluded my part of the deal and .... no rating received. The goods have arrived and am very happy with them but I won't rate until I am rated - and then I may just have to say something about how long it took for me to get a rating after having paid. And I won't purchase from them again.
        And those sellers that stipulate in their listings that they will leave feedback after you have left yours, well... no matter how keen I may be on their items, I won't purchase from them.
        Perhaps it's stubborn and bratty but it's one thing that really gets up my nose...
        “Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
        ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Appologies....but...I...must...DISAGREE...

On the OLD sellers page I would use the positive rating to a buyer in order to keep track of who had paid etc..Therefore as soon as payment was received I would issue an immediate Positive rating.

Now, we have been blessed with the new system and I no longer rate my buyers until such time as they have rated me.

My reasoning....

A sale needs to be rated on the OVERALL experience of both the buyer and the seller, therefore the sale is NOT complete until the buyer has the item in their hands and is happy and has confirmed from their side that the sale has been a success. I beleive that to rate a buyer on payment only is naive, 90% of problematic buyers only become so AFTER payment, thereafer they may rate negatively on Delivery, Packaging, the wind on the day...

Just my 2c...:)
          Last edited by ClickandShip; 03-08-10, 08:44. Reason: Spelling...
          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I cannot agree with you, ClickandShip. I always rate my buyers IMMEDIATELY they have paid and if there is a problem afterwards we sort it out amicably. If "amicably" doesn't feature in a buyer's vocabulary, then there is always hello@bidorbuy.co.za to referee but I have very, very, very seldom found this necessary!
            Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
            Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Yes, I agree with Lily, there is no excuse for not rating a buyer after payment is received. A rating can be changed if necessary without it being a revenge rating. It depends on the wording chosen and the circumstances.
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by ClickandShip View Post

My reasoning....

A sale needs to be rated on the OVERALL experience of both the buyer and the seller, therefore the sale is NOT complete until the buyer has the item in their hands and is happy and has confirmed from their side that the sale has been a success. I beleive that to rate a buyer on payment only is naive, 90% of problematic buyers only become so AFTER payment, thereafer they may rate negatively on Delivery, Packaging, the wind on the day...

Just my 2c...:)
                I'm sorry, just like the others I don't agree with you. In actual fact, it's not up to the seller how they want to rate and when, and they have reasons for it or whatever. Once the buyer has paid in the money hey have kept their end off the bargain, and once they have done everything that the T&C's stipulate then they should get their rating accordingly. Also you say you give the rating after because it should reflect the overall all experience, couldn't disagree with you more!! The rating given to the seller should reflect the overall experience the buyer has received from that seller, the service, goods received, quality. communication ect. So what in the world does the buyers rating have to do with the sellers rating? Once they have done there bit and it was done 100% they should get a positive. So what....if the buyer did everything 100% right and you get a seller that messes up the buyer's rating should also reflect that? Sorry that is should only be on the seller's ratings side. After all that is why it is called the seller's ratings. Two totally different things, but the only reason I can think off that it is done this way (and I'm not accusing) is to make sure they get a positive or else!
                Jacque31

Comment

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/ratings-...ime-buyer.html
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Sorry that's still how it works - once the buyer have honored their side they should be rated accordingly, after all that's what a buyer gets rated on, if they kept their side of the bargain. Not if they're not happy with the product, service or whatever.
                    If the seller is rated negatively I'm sure BoB will take care of it. But waiting to rate a buyer to see what they will rate you, or to see if they rate you unfairly doesn't justify your opinion of waiting to rate. So I'm sorry you link doesn't make a stronger case for your opinion/way of rating - it only shows once again how many of these incidents there is on BoB.:(
                    Jacque31

Comment

Messages of the likes (Leave feedback once you received your item and feedback will be left in return) are in my view totally unethical and just spell revenge rating awaiting. It is commom decency if a buyer has paid the correct purchase amount and in time thier by meeting his/her obligation to rate them (they are doing you a favor after all buying from you) and once the buyer recieves thier purchase it is only common curticy for them to leave thier rating of thier experieance and product. A decent buyer and decent seller will always be able to sort out a problem amicbaly.

My cents worth anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X