No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling an order

Is there a way for a buyer to cancel their order,
    if they do not wish to pay for it and proceed with the order ?

If they dont proceed with it, and ignore any correspondence with the buyer,
    then it will just stay under the buyers 'sales', but they will never pay for it ?

If the buyer hasn't contacted you or made payment, you can file an SNC after 7 days & you will be credited with the seller fees where applicable. BOB give the buyer another week to appeal the SNC as well. If it was a mutual cancellation, there is an option for "seller & buyer agreed to cancel sale" that you can use in the SNC process. Hope I understood the question! ;)
    I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Ok thank you.
      So the buyer cant cancel the order on their side, i need to file an snc.

Comment

Yup, that's correct..
        I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

from the buyer's side.

So what do I do if I'm the buyer and I found a better deal somear else and I don't want to buy the product anny more. You should think about a offer withdrawel system so that the previous bid could be reimbursed should a bid be withdrawn.

I put a bid on a set of coins and then found a more complete set afterwards. now I would like to withdraw my bid on the first auction. How??

Comment

That is why you are constantly reminded on BoB that your bid is a legally binding contract, before you bid make 100% sure that the item is what you want because as a buyer you cannot withdraw your bid....only the seller can do that for you if you ask them to and bear in mind that they are under no obligation to do so. Perhaps next time you should wait until just before the item you want closes before placing a bid, save yourself and the seller a lot of frustration.
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi Zelf,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will have to ask the seller in the auction's Q&A to delete your bid, the decision is up to the seller.
              bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
              bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

I'm curious to know what happens in the following scenario:-

Say I bid on Item A, and someon bids more than I do. Because I have lost that auction, I place a bid Item B - which is essentially the same as item A, but from a different seller. The leading bidder on Item A asks the seller to delete his bid, which the seller does. Am I now obliged to honour both bids, or am I allowed to refuse to be reinstated on Item A?

Comment

To the best of my knowledge when an item has more than 1 bid on it, you can delete a bid (say bid B) and make a personal offer to (bid A) which they do not have to accept? Admin am I right here?
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

Comment

I would like to here BOB’s reply to this. I were under the impression or understand the process to be that if there are more than one bid on an item and the highest bid is deleted (for what ever reason) the second highest bid will again become the leading bid and that that bidder will again be liable for the item accept if a higher bid were made thereafter by another user.

A seller can only make a personal offer to the second, third or other bidders on that item only after the auction has already closed not before the time.

Making your concern a valid problem.

We as sellers should then actually before deleting such a bid be able to contact the next in line bidder and ask them first if they are still interested in the product as the first in line want to cancel.

But currently we can not get hold of that bidder (as we do not have contact details of this bidder accept if they bought from us before) It should be something written in BOB program that we can inform them.

We as sellers should not be able to cancel such a bid accept if the second bidder is prepared to continue with the sale ACCEPT if we want to cancel the sale completely. This might be a long process and most of the time the next bidder might not respond to this request before the auction closed but then it should not be allowed to cancel the highest bid accept if the seller is prepared to cancel the whole sale
                      VIEW ALL OUR ITEMS LISTED ON BOB

Comment

Originally posted by voldermort View Post
                        To the best of my knowledge when an item has more than 1 bid on it, you can delete a bid (say bid B) and make a personal offer to (bid A) which they do not have to accept? Admin am I right here?
                        If a personal offer is made the potential buyer does not have to accept the offer.

With regards to cancelling sales, always communicate with the buyer and seller to resolve or cancel the transaction. It is understandable that if the bidder was losing and the winning bidder was deleted, and the runner up had already bid and won another item, then the seller should cancel the sale, relist the item and file a SNC.

Comment

So in this case would the onus then be on the buyer who was out bid but now finds himself winning again to contact the seller with this request?
                          If the seller cancels the sale and files an SNC will they also get their premium listing fees back since, although they got their BoB exposure, they are doing so to follow BoB instructions rather than forcing the buyer to pay for the item? Otherwise they'd be paying these fees twice because of a BoB directive. Or am I reading this wrong?

Comment

The buyer and seller would need to communicate with each other regarding this. Listing fees will not be refunded as per our policies, these are payable regardless of whether the sale was successful or not.

Comment

How does one file for a snc

Comment

Working...
                              X