Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak Peak - m.bidorbuy.co.za - please give us your feedback

Unbeknown to many we had a mobile-site for many months and have gone through another iteration of enhancements where you will be able to search, browse and bid on items.

As you can appreciate, there are so many different handsets out there and we have tried to make the mobile site compatible with most, but still have to sort out some UI aspects - not everything is aligned as it should and we are fixing it at the moment. There might be gremlins here and there and your feedback regarding handset compatibility would help us quite a bit.

So give it a try and let us know what you think. If you experience any issues, please post your feedback in this thread.

Last edited by MacMuffin; 18-08-10, 13:40.
    Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
    Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

The Buyer and Seller view:

Comment

If you like to give us feedback, please provide the following information:

Handset (make & type): HTC Dream
      OS Version: Android 1.6
      Browser Used: built-in

(A screen-shot of the problem experienced would help tremendously)
      Last edited by MacMuffin; 18-08-10, 13:38.

Comment

Hi Mac, I have seen this neat little gem and already used it for bidding :D

It would be nice if we could somehow enlarge some of the pics in the listings, I know you need to keep things small but maybe include and option somehow, like clicking on an image to get a better view?

Handset (make & type): Nokia E75
        OS Version: Heh?
        Visit my hive!

Comment

HTC Touch Pro 2
          Win 6.5
          Built-in IE

Absolutely Cool!!!! I want to however be able to look at ending soon items only in the coins & notes section - can't seem to find such a feature

Renaldo

View my auctions in the Coins & Notes section

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBee View Post
            Hi Mac, I have seen this neat little gem and already used it for bidding :D

It would be nice if we could somehow enlarge some of the pics in the listings, I know you need to keep things small but maybe include and option somehow, like clicking on an image to get a better view?

Handset (make & type): Nokia E75
            OS Version: Heh?
            Browser/phone allows me to zoom-in/out on screen - doesn't yours perhaps have such a feature?

Renaldo

View my auctions in the Coins & Notes section

Comment

Thanks for the feedback sofar. The filters on Ending Soon is a good idea - we will take this over.

As you will notice, some listings displays really poorly on mobile, as most sellers put content other than the item details (such as their own logo, shipping instructions etc) in the description.

With regards to the images in the listings: We had to strip all of those out and rely on the thumbnail. This is due to most listings have images in there which are not relevant to the content and download speed on mobile is really important. (You can always click through to the main-site by clicking on the title on the item page).

Comment

I am looking at buying a new phone soon, and since it would mainly be used for work, what phone would you recommend in order to get the best out of the mobile site?
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by ClickandShip View Post
                  I am looking at buying a new phone soon, and since it would mainly be used for work, what phone would you recommend in order to get the best out of the mobile site?
                  I am pretty much in the same situation. I was originally looking forward to the iPhone 4, but those signal issues (especially since I am left-handed) worry me (considering the phone will go for almost 9K).

I am currently using an Android phone (HTC Dream) and although the phone is dated, Android itself is awesome. My wife got the Motorola Milestone (also Android) and if you need a physical slide-out keyboard, perhaps the best phone.

At the moment I am split between BlackBerry Torch 9800 (which will come out in October) - mainly because with BlackBerry data is free and any of the upcoming Android phones.

I personally stay away from Nokia nowadays - they used to have great phones, but have not really produced anything decent in the last 18 months, but I think you can not go wrong with BB or Android (or iPhone if you have the cash).

Comment

Hi there, I have tried to log in on my BlackBerry 8900 and kept getting a username/password error, but it was also saying something about java cookies being enabled etc

I downloaded Opera Mini and still cant log in using my username and password, I even tried logging in with my email address and still getting the same error. I tried on both www.bidorbuy as well as m.bidorbuy

Am I putting my stupidity on display
                    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by ClickandShip View Post
                      Hi there, I have tried to log in on my BlackBerry 8900 and kept getting a username/password error, but it was also saying something about java cookies being enabled etc

I downloaded Opera Mini and still cant log in using my username and password, I even tried logging in with my email address and still getting the same error. I tried on both www.bidorbuy as well as m.bidorbuy

Am I putting my stupidity on display
                      Hi - you would need to enable Java Script in your browser configuration. Without it, you will not be able to logon as our site requires some basic Javascript functionality for validations etc.

We did notice a layout issue on the BB8900 and will fix this by the end of this week.

Comment

Thanks, I know its not really your concern, but if anyone knows how to do this, please PM me. TX
                        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Nevermind, I got it right, but still get ''Wrong Password or that Alias/Email Adress does not exist. Please try again
                          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Sorted. Site looks great!
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Looks fantastic , how do you enable javascript in opera ???

Comment

Working...
                              X