Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Items not in stock...

This has probably been discussed before...

Why are sellers allowed to sell items they do not have in stock?
    Obligatory link to my listings.

Sometimes they will tell you that they have stock and then when you order you wait for weeks and weeks for the item!
    Good question

Comment

There are approved drop-shipping sellers on BoB. They are listed somewhere on the forum but I'm not quite sure where. Can someone else help? Anyone not on the list is not allowed to dropship.
      Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
      Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Lily, it's not dropshippers, but sellers who order the item after you pay for it.

For example, with photographic equipment... advertise on BoB, someone purchases, then seller orders it from B&H Photo (in New York, USA). The item is delivered to the seller's address and they then send it off to the buyer - sometimes without even repackaging it. Something like that...

Same-O with computer equipment.
        Last edited by RISadler; 31-08-10, 12:17. Reason: Speling ...oops, spelling.

Comment

But people who don't have the items in their possession are not allowed to advertise on BoB without express permission from BoB (and they appear on the "drop-shipping permission list"!)
          Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
          Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Ah, OK. Will check it out if this particular seller is listed. Back soon...

Comment

Here's the link for dropshippers : http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-co...post-here.html. If a buyer sells you something & then still orders it, I would report them..
              I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Back again...

According to qball: "Dropshipping - have a supplier located elsewhere who sends the goods directly to the buyer."

This particular seller is (a) not on the list of authorised dropshippers, and (b) not dropshipping. He orders the product from his supplier after you buy and pay for it. If the item is out of stock at the supplier, then you, the buyer, waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits for your item.

Comment

Hi

Who is the seller you are referring to? I will have a look into it.

Thanks
                  Cuan

Comment

qball,

Lenses - Canon EF Fixed Focal Length 35 mm f 2.0 Lense Hood EW-65 II for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:25488489) (See Q&A section.)

Also unclear if the lenshood is included, although the title infers that it is part of the package.

Thanks.
                    Last edited by RISadler; 31-08-10, 12:53. Reason: Added "lenshood" question.

Comment

Thank you, we have requested the user to remove the items not in stock, as we do not allow pre-orders (unless permission has been granted by us). The seller should have stock of the item.

Thanks
                      Cuan

Comment

Brilliant stuff, qball!

I take it we, the community, should in future report such listings directly to CW?

Comment

Yes, that would be correct.

Thank you
                          Cuan

Comment

Aren't there also sellers who give a feed to Bidorbuy from their website, but no stock numbers, (people such as take2)? In that case the product might be listed on their online store but not actually in stock? Just like if you order something from a real online store like amazon or kalahari, they are subject to stock availability?
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Another one...

Here's another one advertising the same lens: Lenses - Canon 35mm EF f2.0 for sale in Johannesburg (ID:23548757)

Reported to Community Watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X