Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does a seller have to post an item?

My appologies if this has been covered before, but I can't find the post.

According to my understanding, a seller can file a snc after 7 days if no payment was made by the buyer.

How long does a seller have to send an item?

I have paid for an item on 2 August. I have contacted the seller via email several times to find out what is going on. BoB even requested him to respond to my emails.

This is the responce I received on 28 August:
    Thank you, i get the payment, whas on leave and just return two day's ago. Will post your parcell on monday morning, sorry for any delay.
    I have not received anything yet... I have sent another email today and cc'd BoB requesting a refund.

What can a buyer do if a seller does not honnor his side of the deal?
    Last edited by divestar; 13-09-10, 11:41.
    Goods at crazy prices... Click here

I would have left negative feedback already - you're very patient!! Does the seller have feedback from others complaining about delays? Hopefully bodorbuy can help to move things along. No-one should be selling items if they're going away & won't be able to live up to their side of the deal..
    I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by kebs View Post
      I would have left negative feedback already - you're very patient!! Does the seller have feedback from others complaining about delays? Hopefully bodorbuy can help to move things along. No-one should be selling items if they're going away & won't be able to live up to their side of the deal..
      I have 100% positave ratings. If I give him a Neg, I am guaranteed to get a revenge rating.... He has 7 neg ratings (85.71% positive ratings). but ALL the neg ratings are from one user complaining about high postage.
      Last edited by divestar; 13-09-10, 12:04.
      Goods at crazy prices... Click here

Comment

If he's not responding to your emails & you have no other way to contact him, then you may have no other choice except to leave negative feedback. Bidorbuy will remove revenge ratings if he rates you neg & you report it.. Or else wait to see what happens?
        I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

How long does a seller have to send an item?
          This is a question I have asked myself repeatedly.
          As a seller I try my utmost to post items within 48hrs of receiving payment however I as a buyer I have regularly had to follow up with sellers and wait more than a week at a time before I am sent a tracking number.
          The last item I purchased was on the 17 Sept. I paid immediately the auction closed and I am STILL waiting for a tracking number or notification of postage. The seller has not replied to my emails ( she does not give a contact phone number ) It is very frustrating !
          consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative.

Comment

For the past 2 weeks, I have been one of the "guilty" seller's but it is purely due to circumstances and not by choice.

For example, I have been trying to get around to packing parcels since Friday morning, but with my grandfather passing away so suddenly over the weekend, I just have not gotten around to it yet. I dedicated my morning to my Mom to help with the funeral arrangements, and some immediate urgent banking that had to be done, with the full intention of getting parcels off this afternoon. And so far all I've been doing is catching up with emails and orders that came in over the weekend, in between the phone ringing incessantly!

The order pile is growing, my strength is dwindling, and I would do nearly anything just to be able to go lay down for 5 minutes - I'm exhausted! But I have to carry on... 2 more hours in the office before I have to tackle household responsibilities (supper, etc), then I'll be able to get back here anything from around 7pm... and I'll just keep on at the office work until I can't keep my eyes open anymore (usually anything from 11pm to 2am!).

It has become the norm for me to get only about 5 hours rest a night lately due to the amount of work and responsibilities I have (home, family and business related). So, no matter how hard I try and scold myself for not getting a specific amount of orders out within a 24 hour period, some things I have accepted to be beyond my control.

I cannot speak for other sellers, but I for one am feeling very guilty for not getting the parcels out as quickly as I normally do!
            Click here for great deals!

Comment

Cali, there are sometimes circumstances in life that we just cannot avoid and I am sure your buyers understand the predicament you are in.
              As a seller I fully understand how things can fall apart but the seller to whom I refer has a number of poor ratings for non delivery of goods
              I hope things get easier for you soon !
              consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative.

Comment

Originally posted by divestar View Post
                I have 100% positave ratings. If I give him a Neg, I am guaranteed to get a revenge rating.... He has 7 neg ratings (85.71% positive ratings). but ALL the neg ratings are from one user complaining about high postage.
                I am sure if you do get a revenge rating you can appeal to BOB to have it removed.

I always when leaving the country to buy new stock advertise my posting delays via the shipping cost section and if the buyer then still decides to bid they must accept the delay in postage

I always advised the buyer we post twice a week but recently got a very nice idea from Cali Craft to provide our shipment DATES on our shipping detail section therefore the buyer exactly know when we are posting.

I believe there is no excuse for a buyer that does not provided going on holiday, or closing for a while for any reason on there auction details.
                Any seller, except when having an accident where he/she is unable to get to any computer should provided the dispatch detail and especially delays in postage on there auction information.

I know BOB think that each seller should see themselves as a full time business and no holiday should be applicable as no shop is closed at any period of time.

We are wholesalers and are selling our "end of range" gems on the auction sites therefore it is our full time business but, I am the only one responsible for auction site sales and unfortunately also the one responsible for new purchases that is always done during trade exhibitions overseas, therefore when I am away (buying new stock or even for a short rest) the auction site sales unfortunately need to be placed on hold for that time BUT I provide that information 3-4 weeks in advance on the auction details for anyone to see before they decide to place a bid.
                VIEW ALL OUR ITEMS LISTED ON BOB

Comment

Working...
                X