Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying

What can happen if you win a bid, but don't pay? Is it illegal to do that?

Goodness, Yes! A bid is a legally binding contract. It's also not good business practise to bid and not complete the transaction.

Comment

What can a seller do if you do not pay for the winning bid?

Comment

Because this is on-line shopping, many seller do not take the issue further, but it can become a legal issue, depending on the item and the total due. Also, a negative rating is a definate. If you really have a valid reason, discuss it with the seller and see if you can reach an agreement. I firmly believe in good communication as this is the sure solution to many issues. Good Luck.

Comment

What do you mean by the item, and does the price of the item have an effect on the legality of the purchasing contract?

Comment

1. If a buyer bought a motor vehicle from me on the site and bid and never completed the purchase, I probably would want to get legal advise, as it's now a lost sale with advertisings costs. 2. No, any item sold, irrespective of price, is a legally binding contract (see Bid or Buy terms and conditions too). Also, each seller states what their auctions terms are. I've previously excused new buyers with a first sale "oeps" with a neutral rating, but as I've said, the best is to discuss it with the seller as I'm sure you can reach an amicable solution. You can also contact Bid or Buy at hello@bidorbuy.co.za for further advise regarding this transaction.

Comment

Thanks a lot hey, I am an new buyer, and I did make an oeps because I didn't see that the product is not an original.

Comment

This is what the seller says:
                "Pmnt must be made whitin 48 hrs after purchase / auction closed, or reservation of ur items will not be secured."
                Does that mean that I will merely lose the sale if I fail to pay?

Comment

Get the e-mail to Bid or Buy immediately! I know they are not happy with the amount of fakes being sold on the site. Some fake auctions are even being deleted/removed by them. Problem is some sellers list their items in big, bold descriptions and at the bottom of the page (who buyers seldom read) they mention the item is gold plated/silver plated/not authentic, etc. Buyers only read the highlighted, bold descriptions and not the full auctions, hence leading to thinking they're buying something they're not. Good luck, and I'm sure your problem will be resolved! I saw you only recently registered and therefore mentioned the "oeps" for 1st time traders. We've all been there. But please, remember in future, read the full auction. Also when you sell, give exact descriptions and keep you side clean.

Comment

I sent an e-mail through to hello@bidorbuy.co.za will they now help me in resolving the problem?

Comment

Auction deleted.

Thank you.
                      bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
                      bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Working...
                      X