Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it that the majority of sellers only rate their buyers !!!!

Why is it that the majority of sellers only rate their buyers after they have been rated for the sale(s)....they should rate immediately they have received the buyers funds!
    David
    My age is but an irrelevant number !
    Items I am selling.

I agree.

Perhaps they keep it as leverage? You rate me negative I rate you negative type of thing! This way it is also harder to prove it is a revenge rating as they didn't change a positive to a neutral or negative, they just rate you negative if you rate them negative...

If you pay swiftly they should rate you Positive as you kept your side of the deal, but can they keep theirs..?
    Money is not the root of all evil, but rather the lack thereof!
    My Bargains

Comment

Originally posted by Bertman Trading View Post
      I agree.

Perhaps they keep it as leverage? You rate me negative I rate you negative type of thing! This way it is also harder to prove it is a revenge rating as they didn't change a positive to a neutral or negative, they just rate you negative if you rate them negative.....?
      Understand your reasoning but don't agree with it....could be against BoB rules!!! Also if one is a good buyer with 100% positive rating usually paying within hours....then there is no reason to hold back on the rating process!
      Items I am selling.

Comment

I don't agree with it AT ALL either, but I'm afraid the sellers do it! Yes the sellers should not hold back with rating you if they received their payment!!
        My Bargains

Comment

As a seller I try to rate all my buyers as soon as they pay but sometimes I am really busy and do not remember until I get the BOB reminder to do so. I am sure that with most sellers this is the case and there is no devious plot behind delayed ratings. This works both ways by the way - very often buyers do not even bother to give sellers a rating , no matter how good our service or products !
          consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative.

Comment

Being mainly a Buyer and occasionally a Seller...I sometimes forget too!!!!
            Items I am selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Olive Art View Post
              As a seller I try to rate all my buyers as soon as they pay but sometimes I am really busy and do not remember until I get the BOB reminder to do so. I am sure that with most sellers this is the case and there is no devious plot behind delayed ratings. This works both ways by the way - very often buyers do not even bother to give sellers a rating , no matter how good our service or products !
              I understand that sellers can forget, but patterns can be seen in certain sellers' ratings...
              My Bargains

Comment

I rate my buyers positive straight away after payment the only reason I would change the rating ( to neutral) is if he had a problem and just negative rated me without contacting me, because the seller can do nothing about a problem if the buyer does not inform or contact you....
                Click here to VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I fully agree that if the buyer has kept to my terms and conditions, I'll rate him positive as soon as payment is received. I have my own system now that when the parcel is ready for postage, the rating is done and the tracking number given, usually within 3 days of payment clearing. If I feel the buyer has given me an unfair rating, I first try to resolve the problem with my client or will then take it to BoB for review. A happy client is a returning client.

Comment

Hi all

I rate my buyers as soon as I send the tracking number to ensure that I don't forget by mistakem
                    At most, this will be within a few days of payment as I post on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
                    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

If the seller does not rate you till you give them a rating it is easy to prove a revenge rating. You have the sales date you have your payment date so you can prove that your side is clean. Then just contact BOB to set it right. Not so??
                      Selective choices allow for selective karma...choose wisely
                      Click here to veiw my Items here

Comment

I rate my buyers once a week, I go through all paid and completed sales and then rate them.

Sipho
                        CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

i do my ratings once the parcel is gone , so if we sent out 100 parcels today , people who have paid up to 48 hors ago will be rated tonight
                          COME WITH US............

Comment

Originally posted by YSLMAGIC View Post
                            i do my ratings once the parcel is gone , so if we sent out 100 parcels today , people who have paid up to 48 hors ago will be rated tonight
                            Hope I do not get one for taking too long to make payment
                            bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
                            bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

I have came to the conclussion that if you hold the rating back untill the buyer rates you, you have a better chance of getting a rating.... I find myself sending a lot of emails every week asking people to pleeeeeeease rate me. And that is really frustrating. I have sold a 107 items thus far and only received 57 ratings. So what do we do as sellers?

Comment

Working...
                              X