Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling things not in stock

Why do sellers advertise things they don't have? I bought a thing you attach to the wall to wind the garden hosepipe on. I paid the seller immediately, then waited for the item to come. After some days the seller emailed me apologising that she hasn't posted but she has flu. Well, it must be very serious flu because a week has gone by and no word from her. It's not an expensive item. Why doesn't she just email me and say she doesn't have any in stock and is refunding my money?
    This morning I saw a Sunbeam slow cooker advertised. I emailed the seller to enquire whether it has an auto switch on it as well as high and low. He replied that he doesn't have them in stock so can't answer my question. He has since taken his ad off.
    Elizabeth
    CLICK HERE TO VIEW ITEMS I AM SELLING!

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/19482375/UMTENTWENI.html

If the seller is on the Forum (Cannot recall the Post) for Sellers Allowed to Dropship, then he is allowed to do so, but if not that is against the rules, why not search for that thread and see if his name pops up, if not report him. My 2 cents worth!
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

"Animals Can Communicate Quite Well and They Do and Generally Speaking, They are Ignored!"

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you! Criticize me, and I may not like you! Ignore me, and I may not forgive you! Encourage me, and I will not forget you!"

Comment

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-co...post-here.html

This might help on sellers allowed to dropship, but I believe the list is not completly up to date

Comment

thanks for that link I was searching for it the other day and could not find it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. The seller is not on that list but he did remove the advert immediately so perhaps it was an error on his part.
          Elizabeth

Comment

Originally posted by pablojani View Post
            Thanks for the advice. The seller is not on that list but he did remove the advert immediately so perhaps it was an error on his part.
            Hi there pablo, as a seller who sell loads of items, i can say that there will be that odd occassion when an item isn't in stock, due to a miscount, seller doesn't remove from their listings timeously or something like that. I will honestly admit, from the thousands of items sold, it's happened to us twice (that is 2 items). The best way to gauge if this is the norm is probably to look at the sellers ratings.There should be an indication there if lots of them are stock related. My opinion is, if it's an honest mistake, the seller will be upfront and honest about it. This runaround stories are usually an indication otherwise. In both our instances, we made up for it by including something extra for the inconvenience.

That of course, does not condone in any way the fact that all items advertised, especially on auction, should be in stock, no exceptions!!!
            "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

Well I have recently experienced a similar situation - ordered 4 buy now items from one particular seller on BoB. She took 21 days to post the items to me and then one was missing for which she did do a refund. However, the items took a month to get to me and, in the meantime, I had to buy what I needed so all the items from her are virtually unneeded by me now. Fume! Fume!

If people have "buy nows" listed, then one automatically assumes they have the stock to supply it immediately payment is received by them. What next?
              Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
              Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Yes, I have come to close to going out and buying the item that the lady with flu has yet to post. I made contact with her yesterday and she says that now the whole family has flu. She thanked me for my patience. I said, "Yes, I am patient but my husband is a man."
                Elizabeth

Comment

Originally posted by pablojani View Post
                  Yes, I have come to close to going out and buying the item that the lady with flu has yet to post. I made contact with her yesterday and she says that now the whole family has flu. She thanked me for my patience. I said, "Yes, I am patient but my husband is a man."
                  Well at least your seller has let you know that she and her family have flu - the person I bought from didn't have the courtesy to respond to any of my emails until I gave her a negative rating and contacted CW - then the items suddenly got sent, with one missing and money as a refund arrived in the parcel with a "sorry note". Needless to say, I will never buy from her again, but I did change my rating of her from negative to neutral.
                  Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                  Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Well, I don't know if my lady reads the forum but she has just emailed me with a tracking number and thanked me for my patience. I suppose I would buy from her again. I could have got the same item from another seller but his price was more and he only uses courier, does not post, so it would have ended up costing far more than the item would be worth.
                    Elizabeth

Comment

Drop shipping

I see that a lot of sellers revert to drop shipping nowadays.Postage costs is usually in the range of 200-499 per item and no combination of items is allowed Reason : for customs sake .I a thought that items up to a certain value is excempt from customs ?

I see it in the light that some sellers finance their dealings this way .Some of the items is very cheap compared to sa but when you total the costs you pay up more ,or sometimes very conveniently the parcel get lost .

I refuse to buy from people that do not stock their items and do not deliver from a SA address with normal postage tariffs.I might add some local sellers also like to abuse the local rates .We all know there's cost involved with a parcel but on say for instance a pen what would the cost be ?

Envelope 5.00 maybe time & petrol .Does it warrant R80.00?And then if combined other small items R20.00

Comment

[QUOTE=AndreComputer;92097]I see that a lot of sellers revert to drop shipping nowadays.Postage costs is usually in the range of 200-499 per item and no combination of items is allowed
                        A lot of international sellers are now offering drop shipping and they have also dropped their minimum order (from $300 to as little as $100) I think this is the problem because many sellers see this as a "way out" to make money quicker without the hassles of customs and excessive postage costs. I close my eyes, pay for the goods and have it delivered to my door. I can then personally inspect it for quality before advertising. The problem with drop shipping is you're never sure if the item is in good condition/working order/authentic, and it's not going to be the international seller who ends up with the negative rating....

Comment

Working...
                        X