Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting items

I am fairly new to BOB but was wondering how come a seller could list an item on for auction without a reserve and one day before the auction is to end just delete the item.

I placed a bid on a phone being auctioned. There were 4 other bids prior to me placing mine and if would have won the bid I would have paid about 60% of the estimated market price for the phone. I kept an eye on the bidding and this morning as I wanted to go check it if anyone has outbid me to put in a new bid in, BOB says the item has been deleted.

Is this common practice for sellers to withdraw an item from the auction 1 day prior to the auction expiry date?

Please supply a link if possible to the item in question?

No its not common but there might be a reason,
    Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

Comment

Sometimes the seller just forgot some details and relised it. We are only human, I did that as I needed to add more details to the auctions

Comment

Link of Item

Originally posted by JPBon View Post
        Please supply a link if possible to the item in question?

No its not common but there might be a reason,

The link as per the mail I received is: Item deleted
        When the browser opens it says the item is deleted

Comment

Be grateful!!

Originally posted by J Shopper View Post
          The link as per the mail I received is: Item deleted
          When the browser opens it says the item is deleted
          If I were you - I would count my lucky stars - the seller in question has a rather appalling rating - 84.29% is NOT good...

Rather keep looking for phones elsewhere - I have just picked up a brand new phone for less than 50% of its retail value and the seller was SUPERB!

PS - if you want to know how I found the seller - just look at the serious spelling error in the advert - then plug that word into the BoB search engine - and you will see that he always spells it that way...
          "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Thank you for your response MsPlod, I seem to have a lot to learn. By the way which advert are you referring to so I can look for this seller?

Comment

Originally posted by J Shopper View Post
              Thank you for your response MsPlod, I seem to have a lot to learn. By the way which advert are you referring to so I can look for this seller?
              The internet link you supplied provides an address in your browser... Look at the address and it provides a description of the item on auction.
              Item deleted
              "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Originally posted by MsPlod View Post
                If I were you - I would count my lucky stars - the seller in question has a rather appalling rating - 84.29% is NOT good...

Rather keep looking for phones elsewhere - I have just picked up a brand new phone for less than 50% of its retail value and the seller was SUPERB!

PS - if you want to know how I found the seller - just look at the serious spelling error in the advert - then plug that word into the BoB search engine - and you will see that he always spells it that way...
                If you browse through the ratings he received, he requests buyers to rextive the rating? Perhaps he means rectify?
                Money is not the root of all evil, but rather the lack thereof!
                My Bargains

Comment

bidorbuy deleted all the seller's listings due to the recent decline in ratings and issues with supplying goods. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards
                  Cuan

Comment

Working...
                  X