Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q&A not showing up on my listing

Someone asked a question on one of my Crazy Wednesday listings this morning and I answered it before the item opened. The listing is open now but the question and answer don't show. Why?
    Last edited by BumbleBee; 14-07-10, 08:53.
    Visit my hive!

I asked a question and it would not go through saying there were banned words on it.
    It was on some antiques books on the statutes of South Africa. I took the word statutes out then the question went through. Why is "statutes" banned? Would not take the word "Law" either.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Hi geewizz, the question was successfully asked and I didn't get any error messages when replying to the question, so I don't think thats the problem. I would really like some feedback from BoB on this as the question was actually a compliment and now nobody will see :( Also the buyer who sent the compliment cannot see the question so he will most likely think that I deleted it, not good!
      Last edited by BumbleBee; 14-07-10, 08:59.
      Visit my hive!

Comment

Originally posted by geewhizz View Post
        I asked a question and it would not go through saying there were banned words on it.
        It was on some antiques books on the statutes of South Africa. I took the word statutes out then the question went through. Why is "statutes" banned? Would not take the word "Law" either.
        Perhaps it's South African statutes that got the word banned? LOL
        And as for "law", well perhaps it isn't really seen to exist here? :D
        Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
        Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

This is the listing:

Silver Coins - 1983 Silver R1 - Proof in Capsule ((A Really Stunning Coin)) for sale in Tzaneen (ID:23781379)

Can anyone else see the Q&A?
          Visit my hive!

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBee View Post
            Nope but I sent you a test question
            Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

Comment

Thanks JPBon, test question received, answered and showing up on the listing, but the other one is still missing :(
              Visit my hive!

Comment

Thanks JPBon, test question received, answered and showing up on the listing, but the other one is still missing :(
                Ok thought it might just have made it come back
                Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

Comment

Perhaps try updating your reply and see what happens!
                  Click here for great deals!

Comment

I think the one from 13 july is the one that what missing. Definitely wasn't there a few hours ago.

So, looks like problem solved somehow and Bumblebee has her compliment for all to see. :)
                    MY ITEMS

Comment

WhooooHoooo!!! There it is! Just showed up, thanks for sorting it out for me BoB :D
                      Visit my hive!

Comment

WhooooHoooo!!! There it is! Just showed up, thanks for sorting it out for me BoB :D
                        Hi BumbleBee - we did have to fix your questions to link them to your listing. I will try to explain without too much geek-speak how it happened and how you can avoid it's reoccurrence (sorry for the long post).

As you might have noticed, when you list similar items (or relist the same item) the questions previously asked for that particular listing "magically" appear on the new listing.

Quite some time ago we introduced this as a beneficial feature for sellers as we found that the same questions are asked for the same (but newly listed/relisted) item.

So for every listing we take the seller's numeric userid, the title-text of the listing and the Sellers Product Code and we produce a "product-id" - which is an identifier which is unique for those criteria. We then link that "product-id" and the listing-id to the questions being asked and with that carry over any questions being asked for a relisted item.

It appears that in your case you might have changed the title of the listing or the Sellers Product Code which resulted in the regeneration of a new "product-id" and subsequent questions are associated with that new id.

The old questions are still there, just not linked to what we see as a changed product. I don't think this is something we can technically fix, as your change of title/Sellers Product code could really mean for you that it is a completely different listing (we would not know this though) and the questions might not be applicable.

You will however see all your Q&A's on this page: All Questions.

My suggestion is that if you relist items try to keep the same title/Sellers Product Code in order to have old questions associated with your original trade.

We don't see this as a bug and if you experience this issue, pop an email through to customer care and we will sort it out.
                        Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
                        Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Comment

Thanks again MacMuffin, I did relist this item to put it on Crazy Wednesday and just added a little "flair" to the title but I'm pretty sure I did this before the question was asked, could be wrong, anyhow, I will keep this in mind for the future.
                          Visit my hive!

Comment

Working...
                          X