Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Standard Bank to Nedbank payments

Is anyone else having problems paying to a nedbank account from standard bank internet banking? I've been trying for two days to add a beneficiary, it keeps telling me the branch code is invalid but I have paid the same seller before with the same details and it worked just fine Also I can't search for the branch name, it just says no data found, even for branched that I know exist.
    Visit my hive!

Originally posted by BumbleBee View Post
    Is anyone else having problems paying to a nedbank account from standard bank internet banking? I've been trying for two days to add a beneficiary, it keeps telling me the branch code is invalid but I have paid the same seller before with the same details and it worked just fine Also I can't search for the branch name, it just says no data found, even for branched that I know exist.
    If the Nedbank account branch code is 6 digits long - I do know, (because I also bank with Std Bank), that you have to add two zeros on the end. Maybe you already know that - but just in case...

Wendy (retailrush)
    VIEW MY ITEMS!!

Comment

Hi friends - I had an identical problem and even adding 00 at the end of the branch code didn't help. You must now, apparently, just type in the branch name as "all branches" and then the name of the account holder and the number of the account, then the amount and voila - you will be able to do the payment.

I find it SO frustrating that Standard Bank can't even have the decency to email us when they do changes to the payment system! I had to telephone them and ask how to do the transaction.

What are we getting for our money from the Banks these days? Zilch - just heavy bank charges!
      Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
      Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

This is driving me nuts, by now I'm sure that the seller thinks I'm talking poo! I've tried the 00 in front and behind, I have just tried your suggestion lily, still no joy. :(
        Visit my hive!

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBee View Post
          Had the same problem and called Standard Bank, this is what you should do.

Got to add beneficiary or once of payment, key in all info. On branch name, write ALL and click on search. It will search and give you the one number, click select and you are done.

I think Nedbank is also using one code for all branches, although no one was informed.
          Why not all banks use one branch code and save us from all these headaches?

Sipho
          CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

Thanks Sipho, your method worked perfectly :D
            Visit my hive!

Comment

Are you recovered now, BumbleBee? (I forgot to tell you that you needed to get totally out of the page you were working on with Standard Bank and THEN get onto it again - a fresh page with a fresh internet number to your phone - and then it would work if you typed in "all" or "all branches".) Sorry I'm such a dimwit this morning!

Comment

No worries lily, got it sorted, "all branches" yields no results but "all" worked first time :)
                Visit my hive!

Comment

Std Bank to Nedbank Payments

Yes, very frustrating. I phoned Nedbank and they said to try using branch code 198765 - this is their new Universal Branch code - too bad they just forgot to tell their customers!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly360 View Post
                    Yes, very frustrating. I phoned Nedbank and they said to try using branch code 198765 - this is their new Universal Branch code - too bad they just forgot to tell their customers!!!!!
                    And it wont even cost 30cents, they can send sms to all their registered internet banking clients.

One funny thing about teh Standard bank think, before calling them. I clicked on search without putting anything and there were no results. When I wrote a few first letters of teh branch nothing came up.

I then did the ALL thing and it came up. But after I put in ALL, thereafter I clicked without putting anything, leaving it empty and it worked. Wonder why it didnt before as it did afterwards, stupid systems!

Sipho
                    CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

@ Sipho - no, pal, it's not the systems that are stupid - it's the banks who can't be bothered to stay in touch with their clients who are stupid! I think they could give us a whole lot better service than we are getting these days.

Comment

@ MProducts - the second time you entered nothing and clicked, with "ALL" returned as an option - is probably due to your browser "history" for that field - and you should check your browser settings, as it is not a good thing to let your browser log that kind of "auto-fill" history - at least not on a banking site.
                        Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
                        My Bid or Buy Items

Comment

One thing I find amazing with Firefox is it asks me if I want to save my Standard bank password :o.

It also autofills the card numbers.

Does not do this on Nedbank or FNB.
                          Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

That's very strange, mellowred. Doesn't do that when I log on to Standard Bank. Are you sure you're on their secure site - double-check that you are!

Comment

Hi, yes the Std Bank site does do that, it just doesn't fill in the pin and password. It is secure, but this is a setting in Firefox. It does that with a number of sites, BoB included.
                              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                              X