Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a meta file?

I've set up text on Corel and converted to a gif file which I then imported to BoB.
    BoB won't accept this and has give the following error.

The Item can not be saved because it has error(s)

The following HTML tag(s) and/or Attribute(s) are not permitted in Trade_Description field : [meta]
    Any computer literates that can tell me what to change.

Thanks
    Mandy
    Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Hi mellowred

Turn off your HTML editor while you are editing.
    You will find the button next to the Description Title.
    You'll see a whole lot of code and words that look like gibberish.
    Go right to the beginning of your listing and look for something in the brackets like this: <meta =*****>
    The * could be anything in your code.
    Delete from the opening bracket to the closing bracket, ie, from < to >.
    Have a look carefully through the code to see if there are any more meta tags and remove them.
    Once you're done , you can turn on the HTML editor on again and have a look at your listing to see if everything is still as it should be.
    Try saving your listing, it should work now.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Thanks Tananka. I was up early this morning determined to beat this problem. I just took a chance and deleted all references to meta files. Wasn't sure it it would work as my HTML code knowledge is non-existent.

So I have already fixed it. But thanks for confirming what I did was right.

Strange thing is it was mentioning Publisher files - did not use publisher in this instance!?!

Wish I understood this HTML stuff as you do. I just go by trial and error so it takes me ages to get something right.

You have a great day.
      Mandy
      Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

Working...
      X