Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos Not Loading.....

I am trying to place a few ads & when trying to upload photos I keep getting timed out......:(

Also all my BoB pages are taking very long to load, is this connected?
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Originally posted by voldermort View Post
    I am trying to place a few ads & when trying to upload photos I keep getting timed out......:(

Also all my BoB pages are taking very long to load, is this connected?
    I am also having the same problem. Thought it may be my computer
    Thank goodness it isn't.
    There is something wrong with Bob Photo's are not opening on the site.
    Last edited by geewhizz; 31-05-10, 16:18.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by geewhizz View Post
      I am also having the same problem. Thought it may be my computer
      Thank goodness it isn't.
      There is something wrong with Bob Photo's are not opening on the site.
      It took me 3 hours to put up 6 ads & when trying to view items for sale......you can make a 5 course dinner before any photos show.
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

are you capped maybe?

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I'm having the same problem, went out for 30mins. & came back to find some of my photo's missing:o

Comment

Originally posted by wayjen View Post
            are you capped maybe?

No, put a new gig in just this am.......definately a problem on Bob's side.
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

No, put a new gig in just this am.......definately a problem on Bob's side.
              hmmm, strange.

*nice avatar by the way*

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by wayjen View Post
                hmmm, strange.

*nice avatar by the way*
                My eyes are supposed to be sparkling....;)

Received a bid about an hour ago and still no email from BoB confirming this, so I imagine that not only do they have a problem with uploading of pics, but the email section is also down.
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

A couple of BoB pals have told me today that they're having problem loading their pics and ads. Someone put it down to the work being done by BoB IT so no doubt it will come right soon.
                  Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                  Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

can you give us an example of images missing? there has been a slow-down between 2-3pm today, but this was rectified around 3pm. load to our servers has seemingly been higher than normal.

BTW: The slowdown as related to a newer faster server, which was not as fast as we hoped. The permanent infrastructure is already in the country and we will deploy it in the data-centre in the next 10 days. We hope that impact to users will be minimal, but it is rather difficult to change the wings/engine of a flying aeroplane. We do most of the maintenance work at some ungodly hour but a case like this afternoon can not be simulated through tests and only when real load hits the servers can we make small adjustments to bring response times to acceptable levels.
                    Last edited by MacMuffin; 31-05-10, 17:28.
                    Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
                    Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Comment

Originally posted by MacMuffin View Post
                      can you give us an example of images missing? there has been a slow-down between 2-3pm today, but this was rectified around 3pm. load to our servers has seemingly been higher than normal.
                      Here are just 4 of my items placed today where there are no photos.....auction numbers 22411687, 22411695 & 22411669.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/I...adeId=22411713
                      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

My eyes are supposed to be sparkling....;)

Received a bid about an hour ago and still no email from BoB confirming this, so I imagine that not only do they have a problem with uploading of pics, but the email section is also down.
                        the image issue from this afternoon is unrelated. all emails, bidding etc should behave as normal. we just checked our mail-servers and there are no mails stuck - pls let us know if you don't get an confirmation.

(I did find that I had general email-problems today through MWEB and Afrihost where emails arrived over 4 hours after they were sent - not sure if there is another SEACOM/Internet Solutions issue).

Comment

Originally posted by MacMuffin View Post
                          the image issue from this afternoon is unrelated. all emails, bidding etc should behave as normal. we just checked our mail-servers and there are no mails stuck - pls let us know if you don't get an confirmation.

(I did find that I had general email-problems today through MWEB and Afrihost where emails arrived over 4 hours after they were sent - not sure if there is another SEACOM/Internet Solutions issue).
                          As of now still no BoB confirmation and bid came in at 16:35, I have received other emails unrelated to BoB within this time which have come through fine.
                          I have auctions ending at 6pm so will be able to tell you more re: BoB emails then.

Thanks
                          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Here are just 4 of my items placed today where there are no photos.....auction numbers 22411687, 22411695 & 22411669.

Zimbabwe & Rhodesia & Nyasaland - Rhodesia-1966/70-1.3Shillings Block Of 4-Mardon Special Issue for sale in Cape Town
                            Are you sure? I just checked all of them, and the images are there.

Comment

Ah ha, thank you MacMuffin for your help, they are now all fine. :)
                              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                              X