Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOB emails

Hi, because of the number of items we sell, we've chosen not to get emails regarding items closing, openeing, bid on etc. However, this means we receive basically no emails from BOB except for ratings or community watch. No bobPay EFT advices, no notes from buyers, etc. Is there any way to get these emails without having to get emails about our auctions???
    "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

We second that.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Thanks RAG. The main reason is that bobPay EFT payments DO NOT get alocate to the sellers statements in order of completion. This creates a problem when reconciling as payments can and have appeared as 'Completed' 3 and 4 days later and are then sometimes missed. The emails would help in that case. The new notes between buyer and seller could then also be received... Thanks
      Last edited by brands online; 01-09-10, 00:04. Reason: typo

Comment

any feed.....back?

Comment

Outlook rules and alerts...

One way to deal with it is to allow ALL emails - but simply set up rules on Outlook which sort your emails for you - so that all those you want get placed into folders which are labelled - e.g. Forum; BoBPay; etc.

Really easy to do and all those you do not want you just aim for the <deleted items> folder.

You can always do a quick check through deleted items before getting rid of them for good - do a sort <by subject> and it is really quick to check through.

Of course - on the other hand, if BoB could set something like this up then it would be just dandy:p
          "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Originally posted by brands online View Post
            Hi, because of the number of items we sell, we've chosen not to get emails regarding items closing, openeing, bid on etc. However, this means we receive basically no emails from BOB except for ratings or community watch. No bobPay EFT advices, no notes from buyers, etc. Is there any way to get these emails without having to get emails about our auctions???
            Hi,

we checked our mail-logs for the last 30 days (starting 9th August) and we have submitted 462 emails to your registered email address in that time-frame.

Opting out from the item-notification emails will not opt-out from any other communication (i.e. messages from buyers).

To perhaps getting to the bottom of this, some stats over the last 2 days:
            06/09: 37 emails. First at 00:37:47 and last at 23:43:12
            07/09: 11 emails: First at 05:52:54 and last at 12:05:41 (we pulled the logs shortly after that)

If you can not confirm to have received at least those numbers of emails, it appears that there is an issue with your ISP/hosting company, as our mail-servers handed those mails successfully over.

I will email you the complete log and if you feel that there are issues, you can forward those to your service-provider for investigation.

Our mail-servers do not require white-listing as they have the necessary security-mechanisms in place to pass through the ISPs without being wrongly flagged as SPAM.
            Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
            Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Comment

Quick update: Tks to brands_online for pointing this out, we did find a case in our code, where sellers did not get notified about payment-completions if you opted out of all communications. This must have been an oversight and in place for quite some time, and sellers who have opted out of all notification will now also get EFT- & Paypal notifications.

Comment

Thanks alot guys, issue is sorted now and making my life a whole lot easier

Comment

Could this be the same issue with Buyers notes?

It is causing a lot of headaches that buyers notes are not emailed to us.
                  We are now receiving EFT payments though.

Thanks.
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

True that, should have included 'buyers notes' with original thread. Please guys, could be that code thing again. Ta!

Comment

Buyers notes still don't come through in emails guys. If you have some time... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by brands online View Post
                        Buyers notes still don't come through in emails guys. If you have some time... Thanks
                        can you give us some buyers aliases?

Comment

Hi Mac, you can choose any from my selling profile as no buyer messages come through on email. They show on the BOB system but just don't get mailed to us when initiated by the buyer. Ta.

Comment

Same here...
                            The only mails we receive are Payment mails (since you fixed up the above problems.)
                            No buyers notes get mailed to us.
                            Thanks.
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

What you mean no buyers notes get mailed? A buyer's note gets mailed as part of the order completion (in the mail we sent to the seller). Or do you mean that no notes from you, the seller gets received by the buyer?

If the latter, we checked the logs of our mail-server and everything looks fine. We did hear this morning from Internet Solutions that they had issues with THEIR relay-email servers (we are not affected by this, but possibly hosting companies you host with/have your email accounts with). We did see some deferred emails (i.e. the recipient mail-server did not want to accept the mail and then our mail-servers retry). We have not seen any errors where our outbound mail can not be delivered (other than cases where the recipient email was wrong - i.e. johndoe@gimal.com instead of johndoe@gmail.com).

If you have any concrete examples, let me know. @brandsonline - I checked your order notes and I could certainly see outbound mails to the buyers which match the time you captured the note (we don't store any other details than the TO-address in the logs, and I can not confirm content or if it really originated from your order, but time matches to the second for those recipients).

Comment

Working...
                              X