X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Can't I login to BOB!?

What's wrong with https: ??

it always changes from http to https when i'm trying to logon which makes

my explorer says can't open a page! Anyone help? from BOB......?

Following info courtesy of wikipedia;

"The main idea of HTTPS is to create a secure channel over an insecure network. This ensures reasonable protection from eavesdroppers and man-in-the-middle attacks, provided that adequate cipher suites are used and that the server certificate is verified and trusted."

"HTTP is insecure and is subject to man-in-the-middle and eavesdropping attacks which can let attackers gain access to website accounts and sensitive information. HTTPS is designed to withstand such attacks and is secure."

I also had many problems logging into BOB. Try making bidorbuy a trusted website in your internet browser. If you are running internet explorer, get rid of it and try mozilla firefox which is a much more secure browser to be running anyway. Also get a good antivirus running, a lot of good free ones out there. I use Avast and have never been hit with a virus in the last year. This fixed all of my problems.

Hope this helps you a bit.:)

Comment

I agree

Excellent advice. Firefox is the best by far and I also use Avast. You also need a good firewall. You can try Zonealarm personal firewall which is also free and very good.
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I'm also using Firefox. Haven't had any clashes yet, and it's fast.
        Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

While nothing mentioned in the thread is explicitly wrong.. I feel the need to advise the following, matthews advise on adding as a trusted site may (or may not) have solved the problem.

These rest doesnt have anything to do with the original problem.

In fact, having a firewall is only going to increase the likelihood Chuckey will get 404 - Page cannot be displayed rather than help him / her.

In fact.. the word secure means nothing on what is happening with viruses and firewalls. All it means is, your data is sent in encrypted format, which happens to use another port. So if your firewall blocks this port (443) or encrypting inbound or outbound you cant get the page. Nothing to do with viruses.

That said, with the AV, AVAST is currently IMHO, the best web surfing AV product. It finds most variations on the Iframe tags and on the php side detects a roaming cookie. However, it doesnt find most programmed via OCX viruses and inherited viruses used for cloning.

With Firefox being the best, I am not saying it isn't, but with the browser wars, you can never say one is the best for very long. Also, when you say it is the best, say why and include the words, "at the moment" or so, becuase with time the competitors improve on products.

To give an example. Before the stable release of IE8, I would of agreed, yes, Firefox is best at the moment. Since IE8, I would say IE8 is the new kid on the block. But now on Wednesday last week, Google Chrome is the best.. and now IE8 improved on Googles own brilliance. Firefox will release a plugin too, but they are a few days behind.

Also, with browsers, some are good for the various tasks you need to perform. So say.. for browsing xyz is the best. for the web designer abc is the best and for the bank 123 is the best.

Sorry to bore you with details, like I said, nothing is wrong, but sometimes the short end of the stick gives the wrong idea and in computers it happens too often.

Anyhow, has Chuckey solved his problem?

Comment

Working...
          X