No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to increase autobid

Hi There

How do I increase my auto bid without the current price increasing?

I have bid around R2700 for a set and increased it by around R100 but instead of my auto bid increasing, my actual price on the item increased.

Any advice?

What I do in a case like this is bid for the amount that I previously bid and, then, when it flicks to the next page of the transaction I increase the autobid there. That means the price still stays the same but the autobid is increased. Hope this helps you.
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Hi There,

This helps a lot. I never thought of it.

ALthough it would be nice if BOB had a increase autobid feature.

Comment

Originally posted by lilythepink View Post
        What I do in a case like this is bid for the amount that I previously bid and, then, when it flicks to the next page of the transaction I increase the autobid there. That means the price still stays the same but the autobid is increased. Hope this helps you.
        Great - I've learned something new today!

Renaldo

View my auctions in the Coins & Notes section

Comment

And how about doing the inverse? Meaning a way to decrease an auto-bid amount, e.g. ...

I am currently winning the auction at R200 and my max-auto-bid is set at R500, but now I want to decrease it. The system should allow me to decrease it up to the amount of my current winning bid, i.e. to any amount between R500 and R200.
          Obligatory link to my listings.

Comment

Hi All

We will be discussing these issues with our development team.

Kind regards
            Cuan

Comment

Originally posted by qball View Post
              Hi All

We will be discussing these issues with our development team.

Kind regards
              Cuan
              I see that the comment above was made in 2010 by qball. It is now 2013 and nothing has been done.

This happened to me today, where I placed an auto-bid on an item of R320. Another bidder increased my Auto-bid to R320. In effect I'm still the leading bidder at R320. Now i tried to increase my auto bid to R420. Now I'm the leading bidder but at R420 in effect bidding against myself?!?!?! BidorBuy you need to sort this problem out! Your system allows for a user to bid against himself? absurd!

I tried to explain this to Claudia working at your helpdesk... but she doesn't seem to understand the problem!

Now please look at this flaw in your system urgently and correct the problem.

Thank you in advance
              Last edited by MIC_pta; 23-01-13, 12:48.

Comment

This has been placed on our task list. The system will see it as a new bid as you upped the bid amount. Rather wait to be outbid and then place a new bid. We can delete the bid but you would have to re-bid, it might still make you the winner at R320 due to your previous auto bid.

Comment

IF $bidder_id == $high_bidder_id THEN $auto_bid_max = $bid_amount;
                  Obligatory link to my listings.

Comment

Working...
                  X