• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q'S and G's

I have a problem distinguising betwen a G or Q in a users
    email address given with their details
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Hi Pam

Sorry, not sure what you would like us to do? Have you changed the font size?

Kind regards
    Cuan

Comment

I didn;\'t know one can change the font size on the information on our sales page
      It is difficult telling i.e an address like CVQ whether it is CVG or CVQ. I mean glasier would obviously be a g .
      They look very much the same--the line hides the curve or something
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I have a similar problem as geewhizz when there is underlining, especially when it relates to an email. Sometimes it helps to use a magnifying glass, other times I just send an email directly from my seller's page to the buyer's email address given there. :)
        Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
        Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Reading some text, or checking detail on a picture whilst using an internet browser could be a strain on the eyes - mine in particular. A quick solution that works for me is to use the "Ctrl +" - to enlarge the web-page, "Ctrl -" to get it smaller again (or use the Menu Options "View - Zoom") and "Ctrl 0" in Firefox and Chrome to restore the "normal" view again.
          Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
          My Bid or Buy Items

Comment

Originally posted by Technik View Post
            Reading some text, or checking detail on a picture whilst using an internet browser could be a strain on the eyes - mine in particular. A quick solution that works for me is to use the "Ctrl +" - to enlarge the web-page, "Ctrl -" to get it smaller again (or use the Menu Options "View - Zoom") and "Ctrl 0" in Firefox and Chrome to restore the "normal" view again.
            Thanks for your help.
            Now let me see if this computer nurd "geewhizz" can follow that instruction:D
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Holding down Ctrl and scrolling with the mouse wheel also enlarges and decreases the page. ;)
              bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
              bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Managed to sort it out but it would be better if the line was removed from under the email address then we can see it at a glance and not have to control things.
                Mind you I think I have lost control long ago.:D
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Yes, I think the underlining could disappear and make it easier for us to read first time round. Just a suggestion.

Comment

The norm for internet sites is to underline clickable links. This is the universal usage to indicate a link to a user. :)

Comment

Thanks, Cuan. But you know that most of us on this Forum are not "the norm"!! :)

Comment

Yes, I am aware of this... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by geewhizz View Post
                          I have a problem distinguising betwen a G or Q in a users
                          email address given with their details
                          q's and g's --i's and j's Email addresses are very hard to distinquish
                          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

[quote=geewhizz;68879]q's and g's --i's and j's Email addresses are very hard to distinquish[/quote
                            Just ignore this. Had an answer before. In any case if one scrolls over the email address with the mouse the line disappears and the email address can be seen better
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

This is a common complaint in the States.

Perhaps this will help - Common hard to distinguish letters on colour screens
                              Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

Working...
                              X