Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offers to close ealry.

I have an auction running and the leading bidder has made me an offer to close the auction early at an agreed price.

But if I close early the seller will pay more than what BoB is due in fees. Could you implement an option that one could select to close an auction on an agreed price and then the seller could enter the actual selling price and close. Then BoB would get the correct amount in sucess fees.

Possible?
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

I am sure he can bid the amount he has offered you. Next to the place where the bid is placed it says say bid R150 or more
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

but bidder could also pay the amount offered off the BOB system

Comment

For BoB's sake I agree with Vision Online as the winning bid is calculated as the sale price. So if the buyer agrees to pay say R1000 for an item and he is currently winning the auction at R500 BoB loses out on commision on the other R500.
        Money is not the root of all evil, but rather the lack thereof!
        My Bargains

Comment

So true...

Comment

Originally posted by geewhizz View Post
            I am sure he can bid the amount he has offered you. Next to the place where the bid is placed it says say bid R150 or more

If he is winning the bid at R500 he can bid R1000. He does not have to wait for it to go that high.Just bid R1000
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Yes, but his automatic bid limit will be R1000 and his current bid will not increase until another bidder places a bid.

So if the auction is then closed on the winning bidder with an automatic bid limit of R1000 and the bid is currently standing on R500 the success fees will only be calculated on the winning bid of R500.
              My Bargains

Comment

Originally posted by Bertman Trading View Post
                Yes, but his automatic bid limit will be R1000 and his current bid will not increase until another bidder places a bid.

So if the auction is then closed on the winning bidder with an automatic bid limit of R1000 and the bid is currently standing on R500 the success fees will only be calculated on the winning bid of R500.
                He does not have to use the automatic bid thingy. If he is winning at R500 and the increase is R50 instead of bidding R550 bid R1000 and Vision online can close the auction.You dont have to increase bid by R50 you can bid what you like.
                Come on that is easy enough.Or am I missing something?
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

In the absence of a link to the item, this may or may not work:- You could copy the auction (what a fantastic function!) as a "buy now" with the agreed price. Once the buyer has conclude the "buy now" - delete the bid from the "auction" and close. This way Ceaser, the buyer and seller get what is owed to them;-)
                  Last edited by Technik; 03-03-10, 15:50. Reason: finger trouble
                  Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
                  My Bid or Buy Items

Comment

Originally posted by Technik View Post
                    In the absence of a link to the item, this may or may not work:- You could copy the auction (what a fantastic function!) as a "buy now" with the agreed price. Once the buyer has conclude the "buy now" - delete the bid from the "auction" and close.
                    But why copy it. He can just bid R1000 and auction can be closed. I have just tested to see if it can be done.

Come on guys JUST BID R1000 finished
                    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Yes, I agree with geewhizz. And BoB won't lose out - the amount will show up in the final calculations when the buyer completes the order with the price and shipping all stated. That's the way I see it!
                      Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                      Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, on a Auction the leading bid stands at R500 and the increment is R50, I place a automatic bid of R1000 and outbid the the winning bidder (with a maximum bid of R500).

My bid will only stand on R550 as per bid increment until another bidder bids.

The seller decides to close the auction on me as I agreed to pay R1000. The winning bid will be R550.

I can't include a link as I'm replying on my mobile but look at the dstv Pvr I bought. Check the q & a, I placed a bid for R2100 I think but the bid stood on R2000 and the auction closed on R2000?

Maybe I'm missing something..
                        My Bargains

Comment

@Bertman Trading - I've experienced the same in a similar situation. The amount entered as a bid, if it's higher than the current bid plus bid increment - becomes the limit of your automatic bid.

But then...... maybe the situation is already resolved - I would just like to know how, for future reference.
                          Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
                          My Bid or Buy Items

Comment

Hi All,

Please note that you are posting in the Feedback to bidorbuy Forum, only Cuan is to reply to questions, suggestions here.

Just to put the matter to rest, Bertman Trading has it spot on. You can not simply up the bid to R1000, it will be taken there only if other buyers bid on the item. If the current bid is R150 and the seller and buyer agreed to R1000 for the item and the buyer enters R1000, the autobid feature will take over and will only bid on your behalf if there are bids made by other users.

Help - How to Buy - Auctions - FAQ's

Now please give Cuan a chance to answer the question by Vision Online, when he is able to.
                            bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
                            bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Apologies. We are considering this option and has been added to our development list, however, I cannot give you a time frame as to when this will be available.

Kind regards
                              Cuan

Comment

Working...
                              X