This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklisted members...

How about including a small statement on the UserProfile page providing the reason why a member is blacklisted?
    Obligatory link to my listings.

Thinking about this, Bob ... if people signing up could know that this is one of the conditions of buying and selling on Bob and they agree to it before joining, this could overcome any legal problems at a later date? This might just apply to "newbies" but it would go a long way to helping those of us who do good business on BoB? Just a thought ...
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Now that does sound like a good idea, a sort of legal waiver or indemnity protecting BoB from legal action! Surely this can be done.
      Visit my hive!

Comment

I fail to see the legal issue with stating a user is blacklisted due to shill-bidding/does not send goods/sells prohibited items. One can never be sued for saying the truth.

Comment

Yes, one can still be sued even if one is speaking the truth - it can lead to a lot of hassles until a Court of Law decides that one has been "speaking the truth"!

Comment

Anyone can be sued for anything, I heard a story a while ago but can't verify if its true.....A pedestrian was sued for causing a car accident because of a funny logo on a t-shirt or something to that effect that they were wearing, the driver was "distracted" by the t-shirt instead of watching the traffic. Guess who had to fork out.....yep, the poor pedestrian!
            Visit my hive!

Comment

I agree that one can be taken to court by the other party, but once the truth has been established the case is over - usually with costs going to the applicant.

To me, as the current system doesn't give reasons, it is more susceptable to legal action.

Comment

No, RISadler. I don't think the current systems "is more susceptible to legal action" - if one reads the terms and conditions of buying and selling on BoB you will get a good idea of why I say this.

And we also need to bear in mind that many blacklisted Sellers just go ahead and register again with new details and new names ... I would HATE to be on the admin staff of Bob as I imagine they must want to pull their hair out at times. Just me opening my beak again ...

Comment

Hi All

Unfortunately we will not be providing reasons for this (there are legal and administrative reasons for this). Please take note of forum rules, the Feedback thread is not to be used to discuss or debate issues.

Thank you
                  Cuan

Comment

Working...
                  X