Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobpayeft - does it work

Your site says "When we receive your payment we will email you, update the status of the Order and notify the seller. This typically takes up to 30 minutes, but can take up to 2 days"

It's been a WEEK now that I've paid using BobPay EFT, and it still says:

bobPay has not received the EFT payment you began with reference 3BKJTB.

Who can sort this out?

I sent an email to customer support. RCE-37521-893 -> NO RESPONSE.

Used Live Support, and spoke with Khaba Mkhize

Some of his responses:

I found the email, it was forwarded to accounts yesterday, the funds should be allocated by today
    Yes, i am unable to say what the problem is/was, however the funds will be located an allocated accordingly. Sorry for the inconvenience

ANOTHER DAY HAS PASSED AND STILL NOTHING!! I'M RAPIDLY STARTING TO LOSE MY PATIENCE.

WONT PAY A **** WITH BOBPAYEFT EVER AGAIN!!
    Last edited by admin; 06-05-10, 17:36. Reason: Edited font size and text

Please refer to thread below...

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/buying-b...obpay-eft.html

Just a comment...

It appears that anyone using BoBPay from a Standard Bank account DOES have problems.

Me, I use ABSA and the transactions generally go through within minutes. I love it.

Suggest you look at the FAQs and BoB forum protocols for posting and replying to threads. Large letters and **** type language won't get you anywhere faster! It might get you ignored though...

If you DO bank with Standard - then suggest that you don't use BoBPay - at least until the wobblies are sorted out.
    Last edited by admin; 06-05-10, 17:37. Reason: Edited text
    "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Hi tohir

As far as I have experienced, any payment from Standard Bank to BoB EFT is delayed considerably - this is apparently by no fault of BidorBuy's but directly from Standard Bank themselves.

I do not know the technicalities involved, but what I do know is that Standard does not update their system / statements as frequently as the other banks thus the considerable delays.

Sending an email to BoB with your proof of payment, the order number, etc DOES speed things up but still takes a few days. BoB usually takes up to 2 working days to sort these emails out (give and take if the staff member concerned is not absent as she had been recently due to illness!).

Don't give up on BoB nor the BoB EFT facility - they are working on the problem to see if it can be improved in any way possible as to make it less frustrating for the buyer.

I'm sure Cuan will intercept this entry and give you more clarity on the situation at hand.

Hope you come right.
      Click here for great deals!

Comment

Originally posted by MsPlod View Post
        http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/buying-b...obpay-eft.html

It appears that anyone using BoBPay from a Standard Bank account DOES have problems.

If you DO bank with Standard - then suggest that you don't use BoBPay - at least until the wobblies are sorted out.
        I'm a software developer, and for something like this, a known issue advisory is issued. And even if there is issues, I still cant understand the delay. Surely they can see the money is reflected. And with this information available, it shouldn't be too difficult to automate the rest of the process.

Originally posted by Cali Craft and Gems View Post
        Sending an email to BoB with your proof of payment, the order number, etc DOES speed things up but still takes a few days. BoB usually takes up to 2 working days to sort these emails out (give and take if the staff member concerned is not absent as she had been recently due to illness!).
        I did this a few days ago, lets see where it results.

As much as I've vented and used inappropriate words (for which I apologize), this is the first time I'm at least getting decent responses.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tohir View Post
          .....this is the first time I'm at least getting decent responses.
          The forum is the most useful place on BoB!;)

Don't wait until you have a problem before you come back to visit...:)
          "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

I've used bobpay EFT a few times to pay, & I bank with Std bank. It's gone through within minutes from what I can tell because the sellers email me to let me know.. I haven't used it lately though, so not sure if this is a recent development with Std bank..
            I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

We do apologise for the delay, unfortunately it is not from our side. For some reason, STandard Bank do not clear the transfer immediately, and then several days later, they back date it, this means we have to manually go back into the account to trace the payment historically, as it did not appear in our account on the day it was supposed to. We have still got no clarity on this issue from Standard Bank yet. It happens to some Standard Bank payments, but not all. We do not have this issue with any other bank.

I would recommend that any user banking with Standard Bank, if payment is made via bobPay EFT, if payment is not reflected and confirmed within 12-24 hours after making payment, to please send an email to billing@bidorbuy.co.za including a copy of the proof of payment so we can trace the funds.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused. This is unfortunately not something that can be fixed easily or quickly.

Kind regards
              Cuan

Comment

Further to what Cuan has said, on a personal level, I really detest it when Standard Bank does the "back dating" on transactions as this means you have to double check every day's statement just to make sure there isn't anything you've missed.

I hope that with time (and patience) this will all sort itself out sometime.
                Click here for great deals!

Comment

I've made a couple of payments to BoB EFT from my Standard account recently and they have gone through without a problem. Have just made another one (for moppies - lol!) and hope that it will also go through quickly and without a hitch. ;)
                  Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                  Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

I have made a BOB EFT payment 2 days ago using ABSA but according to the seller he has not received any proof of payment yet. Is there a problem with ABSA also?

Comment

I really cannot complain about bob eft. ABSA. FNB and Nedbank reflects very quickly but with Std bank , up to two days. I do not regret a moment that I have implemented this methof of payment!
                      VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

Well my Standard Bank eft through BoB to moppies went through within half an hour yesterday!
                        Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                        Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt morgan View Post
                          I have made a BOB EFT payment 2 days ago using ABSA but according to the seller he has not received any proof of payment yet. Is there a problem with ABSA also?
                          As far as I can tell the payment has been completed. Please also bear in mind the banks do state that sometimes transfers may take up to 24 hours to reflect.

Comment

Working...
                          X