Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal DS games

I have contacted bidorbuy community watch forum a few times about these and nothing has been done. These multicarts are illegal and could land the seller in a lot of trouble. I understand that they may be under the impression that they are alright because they've bought them from a manufacturer who claims as much but I contacted core distribution and they confirmed these are illegal pirated games. Please can something be done because every week the games get listed. Not trying to be horrible to the seller but they really are not legal.

Other DS Games - 280 in 1 DS, DSi, DSi XL Game NEW ( SUPER Value for money ) With Latest Games for sale in Pietermaritzburg (ID:25177293)

Other DS Games - 356 in 1 DS, DSi, DSi XL Nintendo Game Card ( SUPER Value ) With Latest Games for sale in Pietermaritzburg (ID:25177549)

Here is the message I got from a Samantha at Core distribution (who distribute nintendo in SA)

Hi there

This is not legal at all. I have forwarded your query on to my superiors who will address this matter with urgency. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kind regards
    Samantha
    I know this is not a long or deep email but contact them yourself if you don't believe. These carts also kill the market for authentic Nintendo carts.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Hi there

We would require something in writing from the official distributor in order to investigate the claims. Once you have received this, please forward it to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

Thank you.
    Cuan

Comment

I have emailed them and asked them to contact community watch directly but you can rest assured that these really are illegal. Even logically it's impossible that all 300 of the game's creators could possibly get their due when the whole cart is selling for the price of one brand new cart from musica or game.
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Thanks, please forward their contact details via PM to me, we will investigate further.

Kind regards
        Cuan

Comment

Faithful bidders...???

It also appears that this seller has some very regular faithful bidders who bid regularly but don't often get lucky enough to win the auction...
          "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

The ratings for this users look very suspect. Shillbidders perhaps?

All ratings received by beasty01 on bidorbuy.co.za

All ratings received by nadia79 on bidorbuy.co.za
            Click on the link to visit my BOB SHOP:
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by Digitrade View Post
              The ratings for this users look very suspect. Shillbidders perhaps?

All ratings received by beasty01 on bidorbuy.co.za

All ratings received by nadia79 on bidorbuy.co.za
              Yup - those are the keen followers I spotted - tend to bid on auctions with another bidder in between... Sometimes with one or two other keen followers thrown in for good measure - fabulous support group...
              "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Hi Cuan, just wondering of you have heard anything? I know the sites these are ordered from & asked one of them if they were originals - they replied to say they were "3rd party". I can PM you one of the sites if you need?
                I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

3rd party... haha. I'll remember that. Almost as good as "backups".
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I have also left a telephonic message for the Nintendo contact at the company, no return phone call as yet.

Comment

Hmmm well maybe they aren't so interested in combating piracy then. There is no doubt that those carts are a violation of intellectual property rights but if the holders don't police them I guess there's not much one can do.
                      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

The Reply I got says that Samantha is responsible for PR etc and the actual person to contact is a Kate Kearney who is on leave until tomorrow.
                        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I have mailed the General Manager as well, hoping for a reply soon. I left a message for Kate, that's obviously why they haven't contacted me back yet...

Comment

So I hear that Nintendo Europe has now contacted bidorbuy and requested these to be removed, is that correct?
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Yes, that is correct. We are busy assisting them with this matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X