No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of 'products' not allowed

Hi All,

BOB's standard terms and conditions have a list of items forbidden on the site. But there's a few new ones that now can't be sold on the site for various reasons. I know of these. Please feel free to add to the list if there are any others.

1. GHD's
    2. Power Balance
    3. Extreme Ratio products (Combat knives)
    "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Now this is really nice...I've just bought and paid for an Extreme Ratio knife which, after Googling the product, have a good idea it is a fake.

Comment

This will work where can one get such a list?

Comment

Originally posted by jphotography View Post
        This will work where can one get such a list?
        Listing Policy

This is the official BOB one. I just thought we needed one with a few more specific items that are now not allowed to be sold on BOB...

Comment

Products not allowed

Hi all.

What a suprise. I recently purchase Power Balance bands on Bid or Buy. I was quite happy with the product and I decided to order more of these products to resell. Well , we all know what happened next....

COMUNITY WATCH WARNING AS WELL AS PRODUCT REMOVED!

Gee wizz guys, I would immagine that a list of prohibited articles would have been easily and readily available to all sellers.
          It todays economic times, wasting money on stock that is prohibited..........Who knows, mabe make a list available that is reasonably easy to find.

Well, just a thought, afterall, I presume that we the sellers are of some sort of importance to Bid or Buy ?????

Warm regards to all and a wonderfull feastive season !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrpawnbrokers View Post
            Hi all.

What a suprise. I recently purchase Power Balance bands on Bid or Buy. I was quite happy with the product and I decided to order more of these products to resell. Well , we all know what happened next....

COMUNITY WATCH WARNING AS WELL AS PRODUCT REMOVED!

Gee wizz guys, I would immagine that a list of prohibited articles would have been easily and readily available to all sellers.
            It todays economic times, wasting money on stock that is prohibited..........Who knows, mabe make a list available that is reasonably easy to find.

Well, just a thought, afterall, I presume that we the sellers are of some sort of importance to Bid or Buy ?????

Warm regards to all and a wonderfull feastive season !!!!!
            Unfortunately we cannot manage or monitor such a list, due to the fact that there are so many items that would be included on that list, we would be talking about millions of individual items, for example - pharmaceuticals, weapons, chemicals, endangered wildlife, items with copyrights and trademarks where one person or company owns the sole rights to sell and distribute such products. To create and manage such a list is impossible. It is the seller's responsibility to ensure the items they sell are genuine, authentic, legitimate and that they have the necessary rights or approval to sell them.

Thank you
            Cuan

Comment

Originally posted by qball View Post
              Unfortunately we cannot manage or monitor such a list, due to the fact that there are so many items that would be included on that list, we would be talking about millions of individual items, for example - pharmaceuticals, weapons, chemicals, endangered wildlife, items with copyrights and trademarks where one person or company owns the sole rights to sell and distribute such products. To create and manage such a list is impossible. It is the seller's responsibility to ensure the items they sell are genuine, authentic, legitimate and that they have the necessary rights or approval to sell them.

Thank you
              Cuan
              Hi Cuan,

Do understand what you're saying. However, there are some specific products like those below, where Bid or Buy has received communication from the companies involved, I presume. Those are the ones being referred to with this list idea.

Comment

Understandable, however, due to the magnitude of these issues, we have highlighted these, but to create an ongoing list and to maintain it would be unmanageable. Again, as a seller it's your duty and responsibility to ensure you can sell these items, particularly where exclusive distribution rights and copyright/trademark is concerned. We are contacted by many companies, individuals, government agencies, attorney's etc, all with a range of issues, to highlight all these issues, no matter how small is a cumbersome and time consuming exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by qball View Post
                  ... as a seller it's your duty and responsibility to ensure you can sell these items, particularly where exclusive distribution rights and copyright/trademark is concerned.
                  Erm, qball, without a list, how are we supposed to know we are not allowed to sell a specific item on BoB?
                  Obligatory link to my listings.

Comment

Please see response above... or ask us?

Comment

Problem is, qball, what the heck is an "extreme ratio" product?

And what about all the illegal LEGO-like blocks for sale?

Comment

If you ask me, RISadler, Bennet explained that very clearly if you don't ask me, I still think he did

Originally posted by Bennet_M View Post
                        Hi All,

Please be advised that we have just received official notification from Extrema Ratio Italy that no Extrema products are allowed to be sold on bidorbuy in lieu of Trademark infringement.

The power of attorney is only valid for 1 year from today 18/11/2010.

PS. For those who do not know , Extrema Ratio products are combat knives
                        bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
                        bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Ah, so it is a brand of knives... like PUMA, Victorinox and Ka-Bar.

But what if I have a genuine Extrema Ratio knife that I wish to sell? (Not that I do, but just suppose so, for the sake of argument.)

Comment

Extrema Ratio Italy has trademark exclusivity until 18/11/2011, so you can list your hypothetical Extrema Ratio combat knife on 19/11/2011
                            bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
                            bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Huh? So nobody is allowed to sell Extrema Ratio knives until 19/11/2011? Are they giving them away then, or what?

Comment

Working...
                              X