Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are sellers allowed to auction items not in stock?

    I won the auction Soccer - MESSI SIGNED BARCELONA SHIRT WITH CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY was sold for R876.00 on 3 Nov at 20:01 by phoenix sports in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:28171055) on 03 Nov 2010.

    Seller sends me this message on 09.11.10
    "I apologise about the delay in getting your item to you, I have had a family emergency thatís kept me at the hospital the past week. Itís come to my attention that our shipment from the UK has gone missing. At this point I have ordered in more items of memorabilia from the UK and paid for it to be sent DHL which worst case scenario will be here late next week. If you are not willing to wait till next week I am more than willing to offer you a full refund for the item. Kindly let me know if you would like a refund or if you willing to wait till next week? Once again my sincere apologise
    Kind Regards
    Jimmie
    09 Nov 08:56 - from phoenix sports"

    I can understand the delay in communication due to the family emergency,however my concern is :
    Are sellers allowed to auction items not in stock?

    Seller has not responded to email sent yesterday ,quering the item availability.

    I have for now rated the seller with a Negative rating.

  • #2
    Hi farah786,

    This seller does not have permission to drop ship, he was given a warning in this regards.

    Thank you.
    bidorbuy Forum Administrator



    bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

    < TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

    Comment


    • #3
      1. The following policies apply to all listings and are strictly prohibited:
      1.1.Misrepresentation of items including:
      1.4. Listing of items where the Seller is not physically in possession of the goods for sale (for example listing an item as a "pre-order" or where the seller's shipment has not yet arrived). This excludes Sellers operating on a "dropship" or consignment basis where the Seller has a proven track record and an established relationship with a supplier that ships directly to their Buyers. Permission needs to be obtained from bidorbuy and approval is entirely at the discretion of bidorbuy.
      Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi there,

        Short answer is "NO"..., definitely NOT...

        Also, only allowed sellers may dropship items. Please also see thread:

        http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-co...post-here.html

        "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

        Comment


        • #5
          Jislaaik, did everyone take their vits this morning. On a weekend nogals
          "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi all...Thanks for the replies.
            I figured it's not allowed.

            I am now wondering if Messi really signed that jersey,hehe.

            Also read the part on the auction :

            " The authenticity of our products have been verified by the staff at Bid or Buy and we have a 100% positive feedback "

            Has Bob staff actually checked out these items,and if so,how come the seller does not have it?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by farah786 View Post
              "I apologise about the delay in getting your item to you, I have had a family emergency that’s kept me at the hospital the past week. Are sellers allowed to auction items not in stock?
              24 hours a day, 7 days in a week - sitting at the hospital as opposed to "in" it?
              Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
              Today I am wise and am changing myself.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by farah786 View Post
                Hi all...Thanks for the replies.
                I figured it's not allowed.

                I am now wondering if Messi really signed that jersey,hehe.

                Also read the part on the auction :

                " The authenticity of our products have been verified by the staff at Bid or Buy and we have a 100% positive feedback "

                Has Bob staff actually checked out these items,and if so,how come the seller does not have it?
                Hi Farah
                the seller would have been requested to prove that he has a ligit source , not necesarily showing them the actual goods but just proving that the goods come from an authentic supplier
                COME WITH US............

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by YSLMAGIC View Post
                  Hi Farah
                  the seller would have been requested to prove that he has a ligit source , not necesarily showing them the actual goods but just proving that the goods come from an authentic supplier
                  Hi
                  So I hope to get a "genuine" jersey with a "genuine" signature......in the meantime I am hoping to get even an email from the seller.


                  Another interesting point,check out this auction,No offence to this seller.

                  Soccer - Lionel Messi & Diego Maradona signed Argentina shirt *** RARE *** COA Incld was sold for R1,700.00 on 21 Nov at 20:01 by buyitSigned in Johannesburg (ID:28928565)

                  Auction clearly states that all shirts are replicas
                  So excuse me if I seem confused,but is it allowed to sell replica "branded" items if it bears a "celeb signature" and/or "certification"?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have done some reading up on handwriting and I am quite sure that the same person signed both Maradonna's and Messi's signatures. The clearest sign is the unique way that the "e" is written in both names. It is a very rare way to write an "e" and the chances of both Maradonna and Messi writing it exactly the same is slim? What do others think?
                    Win Big

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RAJRULES1 View Post
                      I have done some reading up on handwriting and I am quite sure that the same person signed both Maradonna's and Messi's signatures. The clearest sign is the unique way that the "e" is written in both names. It is a very rare way to write an "e" and the chances of both Maradonna and Messi writing it exactly the same is slim? What do others think?
                      Maybe an "Argentinian" technique,hehe.

                      Check these 2 items and compare Messi's signatures.

                      Soccer - Lionel Messi signed Adidas soccer boot *** LIMITED *** COA Incld was sold for R946.00 on 21 Nov at 20:02 by buyitSigned in Johannesburg (ID:28927664)

                      Soccer - Lionel Messi & Diego Maradona signed Argentina shirt *** RARE *** COA Incld was sold for R1,700.00 on 21 Nov at 20:01 by buyitSigned in Johannesburg (ID:28928565)

                      I have not received any communication from the seller ,phoenix sports ,even after sending him a few emails.

                      I have lodged a complaint with Bob,awaiting feedback.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by farah786 View Post
                        Maybe an "Argentinian" technique,hehe.
                        "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi All

                          Drop Ship is totaly crap and should be stopped this is a auction site not a online store for overseas dealers. I had a case this week after waiting for my stuff was told that the seller does not like my attitude so he canceled my order and filed a snc for not reading his terms all because I asked when is my shipment due so Mr eXpansys you pissed off the wrong customer and if a do not get a full refund in 24 hrs I will make a case against you

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Unfortunately drop shipping is not going to go away, and is common on most auction websites and most eCommerce sites due to the nature of online commerce. Unfortunately there will be those who abuse this process and the SNC process will have to be followed, please make sure you appeal the SNC so we can get your side of the story as well.

                            Thank you
                            Cuan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by enezar View Post
                              Hi All

                              Drop Ship is totaly crap and should be stopped this is a auction site not a online store for overseas dealers. I had a case this week after waiting for my stuff was told that the seller does not like my attitude so he canceled my order and filed a snc for not reading his terms all because I asked when is my shipment due so Mr eXpansys you pissed off the wrong customer and if a do not get a full refund in 24 hrs I will make a case against you
                              Hi Enezar

                              I totally agree with you. How can one list an item he does not have in stock???? That is ridiculous, that's how we all got scammed by MediaTech. You should only be able to list an item that one has in stock unless Bid or Buy must Hold the Funds with them and only release the funds to the seller once the buyer has received his item....

                              How can a seller take my money then go shopping around for items, he may get scammed, then what - I must take the loss because of him.... That is really not on and puts you off bidding on many items....

                              With high values and new sellers, Bid or Buy should hold the funds until buyer is completely satisfied.

                              And we also don't mind if BOB hold our funds until our buyers are happy - no problem... WHY???-

                              Because we only list items we have in stock and we ship within 24 hours of receiving payment....

                              That is our policy and that is why we believe we have come so far as Bid or Buy Top Seller 2010!!!!
                              Last edited by EWAAN Galleries; 24-11-10, 23:09.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X