No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can one appeal a neutral rating?

Hi all,

Can one appeal a neutral rating? This seems to be a new trend among buyers. Instead of negative, they rate neutral. I have ratings like "Not what I expected, item is small", yet the length, breadth and even heght of the item is indicated in the ad description.

Surely that constitutes unfair rating as well, even if only neutral?
    "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

I must admit I have only ever asked bidorbuy to review rating once - also a neutral. Buyer bought a laptop case that had to be ordered, wanted to change for another one that I had in stock, same price, so we didn't cancel the sale, just swopped items. I sent him the link to the new item with pictures so that he could check if it was suitable & he agreed to swop rather than wait. I received neutral because it wasn't what he had expected. He assumed it was the same as the one he ordered & wasn't happy. I offered a refund & asked if he had actually clicked on the link I sent him as it was exactly the same as the picture, his reply was to threaten me with a negative. I sent all this through to bidorbuy, but the neutral still stands.. Their response was that they don't like to involve themselves in ratings. I have never tried again. Maybe because it was a neutral & not a negative? Don't want to discourage you from trying though - it's always worth a shot!
    I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Hi

Someone gave me a neutral saying " no comment". At the time it tick me off but I got over it. BoB will not do anything about neutral ratings as it does not affect your overall ratings in a negative way.

Comment

Originally posted by bigv1978 View Post
        Hi

Someone gave me a neutral saying " no comment". At the time it tick me off but I got over it. BoB will not do anything about neutral ratings as it does not affect your overall ratings in a negative way.
        That's sad, unjust is unjust. And it may not affect your ratings up or down, but any mark does affect your business... Sad, sad...
        "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

Hi All

I have successfully appealed a neutral rating that had a very negative comment. The comment referred to something that was clearly displayed in the listing.
          I explained to BoB that the buyer had deliberately chosen to rate neutrally and give a very bad comment as the buyer assumed that BoB would not do anything about it.

It was removed.
          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
          X