Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revenge Rating - Why Is This Allowed>

Hi all, I have received so much help in the forum, that I have decided to come crying on your shoulders again.

I am having a problem with a revenge rating from a certain seller who makes it a habit of being rude to buyers who dare rate him negative.

Ratings received by PTL Marketing on bidorbuy.co.za

I accepted a personal offer from this guy - wish I did not!!! :(

When completing the order, when it came to shipping charges, it stated Shipping charges special - free shipping and automatically completed R0 at shipping charges. GREAT!! So I completed the order and paid the Seller.

The first word I heard from this Seller again, was when he rated me as follows, within the scope of around 20 minutes :

AT 12:51: You have received a Neutral rating from *** with the comment no shipping paid - item ready

I felt that this was not right and retaliated with a negative rating stating THIS IS RIDICULOUS! WOULD IT NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER TO SEND AN E-MAIL REQ
    SHIPPING? THE SH CSTS WHEN ORDERING STATED FREE SHIPPING (STILL SHOWS
    SPEC)??

AT 13:06 Your rating has been updated and is currently a Negative rating.
    **** comment is no shipping paid - item ready - watch out this seller underpays and don't read listing and then rate you negative - BE AWARE

Even worse, at 13:12: Your rating from **** has been
    updated and is currently a Negative rating. **** comment is no shipping paid - item ready - watch out this seller underpays and don't read listing and then rate you negative - BE AWARE ATTITUDE SUCKS

Now, admittedly, I did not then check the item description for the shipping charges and now when the dispute arose, I noticed that it does indeed state R40.00 shipping. However, I do feel that it would have been better for the Seller to have contacted me via e-mail and request payment of the shipping charge - which I would have gladly paid if I had been contacted in a friendlier, more consumer friendly manner.

I am of the opinion that he changed his shipping charges (under the heading shipping charges and not in the item description) after the fact - this is possible, I have checked. I also agree that I probably should have checked the item description before completing the order, but as the option of free shipping was automatically offered to me, I did not feel the need to do so.

I am still funing a few hours later and changes the rating as follows :

BE WARNED. SELLER FIXES MISTAKE WITH SH CH AFTER THE FACT AND THEN ACTS AS THOUGH THE BUYER IS WRONG. ORDER STILL STATES SHIPPING SPECIAL FREE R0

Response:
    you must be drunk or something - i can't change the listing - look it say R40 shipping - remove this neg rating you making a fool of yourself

I know that I am also being a bit childish, but as a Seller myself, I feel that one should try and deliver the best customer services possible.

Why is this Seller allowed to abuse his buyers?

Extremely not exactly coshure. He must get blacklisted

Comment

Please send an email to hello@bidorbuy.co.za asking them to investigate this and remove the negative rating if they feel this is justified.
      Explain the situation and attach any correspondence you have.
      Revenge rating is not allowed and they usually remove it after investigating.
      Last edited by Vinyl Lady Decals; 10-05-10, 18:23. Reason: correction
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

In all fairness to you gpsguru he does state "free shipping" under his listing. This makes me assume he has had the same problem before. Perhaps he should check his listings before throwing accusations around.

Hey, most drunks have attitudes ... some good and some bad ... :p

Shipping & Other Charges

* Shipping R40 with in SA with SAPO + Tracking number (Outside South Africa R80) * PLS add R25 for each extra item to cover packaging. * Allow 2-7 days for delivery. * Shipping will be done within 48 hours of payment received. * Email proof of payment to email supplied. * For Overnight shipping add R95. * Payment options with EFT no charge or if using CASH DEPOSIT ADD R15 + 1% of the total fee. * If insurance required add R10 + R2 per R100. * We do Mail Order only NO COLLECTIONS

special Free Shipping
        Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

What are his reasons for adding "Special free shipping" Is this to mislead the buyer?

There is nothing worse than a buyer or seller communicating through a rating instead of emailing the person first. Tel numbers are also supplied in most cases,

Nevertheless, if this seller was so keen to use a neutral rating to communicate with you rating him negative was asking for trouble.

You were sincerely under the impression that shipping was free and you could have pointed this out to him and explained why you were under that impression and then offered to pay the shipping.

Perhaps you should do so now and explain your understanding of the shipping in an email , apologise and change his rating to positive. He will probably respond with a positive and if he doesn.t go from there.

Bobbers on this forum would probably say "Look who is talking" because they know I get on my high horse far too quickly but I have had to learn to try and not returnn wrong with wrong.

The only thing I will not tolerate is a seller who constantly ignores me to the extent that it makes communication impossible
          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

With the negative ratings this seller has, and gives, he may just have had a load of bad experiences or just has a negative attitude. Something I have found is that when a buyer does not respond to e-mails, a neutral rating wakes them up. BUT always contact through e-mail first.

All his complaints about short payments could relate to his shipping rates. Perhaps he is not even aware of how his listing appears and does not know that the orders reflect "free shipping". He certainly reacts quickly so possibly has never received a polite mail telling him about this.
            Items I have for sale.

Comment

Thanks all. Geewhizz and Mellowred you were right. We apologised to each other and hopefully all is sorted now. I have already changed my rating to a positive and he has changed the comment to his negative rating. Hopefully this was just an oversight on his part and he will also change the rating as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gpsguru View Post
                Thanks all. Geewhizz and Mellowred you were right. We apologised to each other and hopefully all is sorted now. I have already changed my rating to a positive and he has changed the comment to his negative rating. Hopefully this was just an oversight on his part and he will also change the rating as well.
                As in most cases this person has a heart afterall.

I think we all need to apply the old sayings "A soft answer turns away wrath"

"Two wrongs dont make a right"
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

This is very true. Although, this is much easier to see today, when I am not fuming mad. ;)
                  The rating has also been changed. All's well that ends well.

Comment

All ending well!

Originally posted by gpsguru View Post
                    This is very true. Although, this is much easier to see today, when I am not fuming mad. ;)
                    The rating has also been changed. All's well that ends well.
                    Yay!!!! Very glad that everything is getting sorted out. It is one of the difficulties of "faceless" buying / selling, that these sorts of issues arise. Well done for persisting and for taking a step back to look at things...:)
                    "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

AI!!

I have had dealings with 90% of you...

...I am having a bad day...

Expect that Negative!! and take it like a man!!:D
                      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Come on, now Vision Online - not all of us sellers give you bad experiences! lol
                        Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                        Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

What is wrong with some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Snet View Post
                            What is wrong with some people.
                            Some of us are mad, some crazy, some difficult, some nice, and some just plain stupid. The majority are good folk tho.
                            Items I have for sale.

Comment

And I second mellowred's announcement! :)
                              Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                              Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X