No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral Rating -- Advice Please

Hi Everyone,
    I am a bit frustrated with a particular situation... on Saturday afternoon at 3:30pm a new user (who had no ratings at the time) "bought" a ring set from me. She then phoned me sometime round 4pm on Saturday afternoon -- I do not always answer my phone on the weekend and I think that it is a bit unfair to expect people to work on a Saturday afternoon... as it was I had a friend visiting who I knew from school who I had no seen for 10 years -- so I was kind of busy.

Then I went to church on Sunday and came back to find a neutral rating

Difficult to communicate with. Wrong branch code given so payment could not be made timeously. No answer on cell phone

That fact is I give the correct branch code -- sometimes there is a problem with Standard bank and you have add some zeroes...

I phoned the lady immediately and explained and she promised to pay and change the ratings -- she still hasn't done either.

I emailed hello@bidorbuy but got no response...

I understand I am not perfect and I know one should accept bad ratings when you deserve them but I really think this is unfair.

Not too sure what to do now?
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Try emailing the person again, using a firm but kind touch. Explain to her that you are hurt that she gave you a neutral rating before giving you a proper chance to help her understand the bank branch code situation. It is very confusing that Standard Bank don't use the same branch codes as everyone else, I have to admit! I am most surprised that hello@bidorbuy didn't respond to your email!

If she sees you are putting extra "care" into her purchase, perhaps she will come to the party and things will be sorted out.

If hello at BoB didn't respond to your email for help, then perhaps CW will?

and chill lass - a neutral rating isn't the end of the world! Take some deep, deep breaths!

Those are my suggestions. Good luck.
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

New buyers don't know what the rating system is all about, I think they think it is a way of communicating .I also got a negative rating from a new buyer for no apparent reason. New buyers should only be able to rate after they've bought about 10 items to give them the opportunity to learn how buying on BoB work.

Comment

Hi Lily, I have emailed twice an asked if all is OK with the branch code now... also asked the user to let me know if I can help in anyway at all... no reply.
        I did explain about the neutral rating when I phoned -- and she said she would change it. I know I should not get upset about it but the whole thing just seems so unreasonable...
        I have now taken my phone number off bidorbuy as people just abuse it and expect me to answer calls at very unreasonable times. Also I am a stay at home mom with an 18 month old and a 4 year and sometimes it is difficult to even have a phone conversion during "office hours" as the children can be pretty demanding.
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Yes phone calls can be quite frustrating! I had someone try and phone me once from a hidden number and I couldn't take the call right away, they left no message and I couldn't phone back because of the hidden number. Then I find I've got a neutral rating telling me to answer my phone. They only tried once for crying out loud, and it turns out email would have been fine for the enquiry they had. They at least had the decency to change it once we had communicated.

I don't know why people feel they have the right to phone you any time and you have to answer or else explain why you didn't answer. ("Sorry I couldn't take your call, I was on the loo!" or "I had an accident trying to answer your call whilst driving, sorry if this was inconvenient to you") Sometimes you really just can't take a call.
          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I removed my contact number from my "info" ages ago as it became a habit of certain buyers to phone at unearthly hours!

Mind you, there are still people who call me at all hours of the day or night on the landline and cellphone (including faxes at 2 in the morning!). They only have to search the net for our contact information and they'll find it.

Don't some people realise that most of us are "normal" and sleep at night?
            Click here for great deals!

Comment

Cali, with 35 cats no-one is "normal"! But, then, with 7 cats I hardly have room to speak, do I?

Comment

Originally posted by Cali Craft and Gems View Post
                I removed my contact number from my "info" ages ago as it became a habit of certain buyers to phone at unearthly hours!

Mind you, there are still people who call me at all hours of the day or night on the landline and cellphone (including faxes at 2 in the morning!). They only have to search the net for our contact information and they'll find it.

Don't some people realise that most of us are "normal" and sleep at night?
                I've also removed my phone, but there are those who think they are smart and they search for your number and call you.
                Isnt it clear, if I dont give you my phone number I dont want you to call. I gave an email why not use it.

This buyer rated me negative daily, I send a tracking number before the parcel is at post office so it will take a few days before its trackable and I have made a note on my shipping days. But this buyer will rate me negatively daily updating, "tracking number received", "tracking number incorrect", etc till they got their parcel. I had to be harsh and told them to stop playing with the rating system as it wasnt a game and fortunately they stopped.

Sipho
                CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by daisyjewel View Post
                  Hi Lily, I have emailed twice an asked if all is OK with the branch code now... also asked the user to let me know if I can help in anyway at all... no reply.
                  I did explain about the neutral rating when I phoned -- and she said she would change it. I know I should not get upset about it but the whole thing just seems so unreasonable...
                  I have now taken my phone number off bidorbuy as people just abuse it and expect me to answer calls at very unreasonable times. Also I am a stay at home mom with an 18 month old and a 4 year and sometimes it is difficult to even have a phone conversion during "office hours" as the children can be pretty demanding.
                  I also took my number from bob and guess what? Got a neutral and negative rating from a buyer stating that I did not respond to his mails. Never got any correspondence from the buyer and when I appealed to bob, my appeal was rejected saying" the buyer is right".

I decided to live with this as I know I am right. (I have proof)!! In afrikaans there is a saying: Die kool is nie die sous werd nie".
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

Eish! At least I am not the only one ...
                    Still I would like to know why bidorbuy has not replied to me yet?
                    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I got a negative today. I phoned and turned on the chocolate tap.
                      Getting it sorted out.
                      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Hey Gee Whizz... who did you phone bidorbuy or the buyer?
                        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by daisyjewel View Post
                          Hey Gee Whizz... who did you phone bidorbuy or the buyer?
                          The buyer. I dont turn on the chocolate tap to Bob I scream at them(Jokes):D
                          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by geewhizz View Post
                            I got a negative today. I phoned and turned on the chocolate tap.
                            Getting it sorted out.
                            Most advisable in such circumstances! :p

Comment

I also received a horrible rating today.. The buyer decided out of his own to send his own courier - despite it saying on my listings no collections. I left it & didn't say anything to him, but did point out that he hadn't paid anything extra for protective packaging & bubble wrap envelope, which I said would be R5 extra. He transferred an extra R20, no complaints raised. The he leaves negative feedback saying he won't buy from some-one who lowers themself to ask for R5 for wrapping.. Ahem - should I have overcharged & asked for more?! I changed his rating to a negative because of his comments that I felt were insulting. No-one gives me bubble wrap envelopes for free, so what does he expect? Even the shops charge you for packets, but I should give them away? I allowed the courier collection despite the fact that he didn't check with me first & my listings say no collections, his courier came too early when I gave him a time that I would be home & my landlady - on oxygen mind you - had to go to the front gate to find out what the man wanted, then this.. Obviously he is now blocked from further sales!!!;) I have offered that he send the item back & I will refund him in full, including his extra R20!
                              P.S. Can BOB ask him to remove the insulting comments if I ask them to investigate? Not change the rating - he can leave it as he wants, but to remove the nasty part?
                              Last edited by kebs; 30-06-10, 08:22. Reason: Added P.S.
                              I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Working...
                              X