Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New After Sales Tools

Please take note, that we will expire the old sales tools and replace them with the new Sales Tool functionality which provides many new enhancements and will increase sellers productivity and administrative functions.

Status of old/"classic" sales pages: Those pages will remain on Bob indefinitely. We will not introduce any enhancements or backport functionality from the new sales tools and will only fix critical bugs if/when they come up. We do encourage sellers to use the new sales tools and provide feedback here to improve on the new sales functionality.

A detailed video tutorial is available. We do not anticipate any problems, as we migrated all data over 10 days ago and the new Sales Tools have been available for several weeks.

Before posting your questions here, please review this thread http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-...prototype.html which covered questions previously asked.

For comments, enhancement requests or problems you experience, please post your feedback in this thread.

I have included a few examples how some sellers use their status:

I think the first example is probably the best I could find - the seller has separate status for payment reminders/extensions to manage those buyers.
    Last edited by MacMuffin; 28-07-10, 08:05. Reason: included sample for status
    Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
    Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Thanks for making our lives easier. It was timewasting to send an e-mail to buyers and now we are able to do it from the tool. WOW!!! I'm :)
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

The new AST does not allow me to accept a credit card payment. When I click accept, it throws a page with: ERROR, no value specified." When I go back to the AST page, the credit card payment still wasn't accepted.

Also, where is the search username, order id, etc function that was listed under the All sales requiring feedback link?

Are the emails now sent to the buyer when we click save email, etc? Since the AST is live...

And lastly, VERY IMPORTANT, atleast to me: When I refresh the new AST all the "show detail" things that were open automatically hide. This is a huge irritation and causes alot of problems for me. There is a quick hide function, so why does it have to hide automatically when refreshing the page? I have mentioned this before, but it was not answered.
      See all jewellery from Asha Craft!

"The purest form of love comes from your children."

Comment

Where can we search for buyers using name or item number? Very frustrating not to have this!

Comment

Hi Asha - I was also looking for the search function.. If you click on "sales", above the "sales for the last 2 days", it takes you to the summary & the top tabs on the summary have the search functions..
          I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

P.S. A much easier search as you can search for specific types according to what you've set the status as.. eg : I have set the first status as initial email, meaning I've emailed the buyer, awaiting reply/payment.. With the new search option, you can search for all sales with the status set to initial email, & voila! :)
            Last edited by kebs; 12-07-10, 10:54. Reason: spelling
            I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

How long will the old tools be available for?

Because it is going to take some time to get use to the new ones....
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Thanks for the valuable feedback so far - just a short update:
                • The search functions are back on the main page
                • We will introduce sorting by amount and date
                • The old sales page will "stick around" for at least two weeks
                • The reported credit card issue will be fixed now

Please continue using the new sales tools as we will decommission the old pages eventually. So if you feel that functionality is missing or could be improved in the ASTs, then post your suggestions here.

Comment

I really do prefer the old version.... Wish we could choose which we want to use....

Comment

Hi MacMuffin, has the credit card thingy been fixed yet? I had to follow the link on the old AST, to accept one of my cc payments, as the new AST kept giving me an error

Comment

Hi, I agree with Asha Craft - the old version was much better - not against any improvements but how many sellers did you consult before making this new version?

I am aware that it was available to test but really the layout doesn't work very well.

What I need when I am viewing my past sales is the following

column 1) item description with an image (the image is very important so that it is easily identified when packing)

column 2) Buyers name, email, tel number and address

column 3) The amount they have to pay

column 4) If they have been rated or not

Where can i select "all sales to.....(specific buyer)"

Comment

Originally posted by Jewellery Mall View Post
                        Hi, I agree with Asha Craft - the old version was much better - not against any improvements but how many sellers did you consult before making this new version?

I am aware that it was available to test but really the layout doesn't work very well.

What I need when I am viewing my past sales is the following

column 1) item description with an image (the image is very important so that it is easily identified when packing)

column 2) Buyers name, email, tel number and address

column 3) The amount they have to pay

column 4) If they have been rated or not

Where can i select "all sales to.....(specific buyer)"
                        The AST was available as a pilot for about 8 weeks and we consulted a broad number of sellers. We did communicate about the enhancements as early of June and asked for feedback.

The purpose of this thread is to get feedback on the tools introduced. We do acknowledge some minor glitches which are being added (as a fallback there is the old sales page which provides all the previous functionality).

"All sales to buyer" can be found on the quick-search tab or on the selling-summary page.

Remember that we roll all items into orders, hence we display an order with items rolled into it. The "Show all details" links will show you all the individual items as well as what you request for column 2). Alternatively the spread-sheet functionality provides the same functionality.

Do you guys require a "condensed view" (i.e. displaying full buyers details, order amount / payment details) for any specific purpose (i.e. something you can not do via the spread-sheet or current view?

Comment

Originally posted by Asha Craft View Post
                          Hi MacMuffin, has the credit card thingy been fixed yet? I had to follow the link on the old AST, to accept one of my cc payments, as the new AST kept giving me an error
                          Hi Asha Craft - the fix has just been released - please let me know if there are any other issues.

Comment

I also prefer the old set-up and wish that the seller's could have the choice on which "version" they use. (although I can only imagine the technical head-ache this could produce)

I've developed my own card system with regards to incoming orders which has worked perfectly for me for the past 3+ years I've been trading. This works hand-in-hand with the old system. Now the new set-up is a nightmare by comparison...
                            Last edited by Cali Craft and Gems; 12-07-10, 14:02.
                            Click here for great deals!

Comment

So the only way to view all sales to a specific buyer is to go to a different page? The old version i just clicked a link under the sale! Is this correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X