No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer checkout problems

Hi there

I have had two buyers (one new guy and and an 'old hand') who have contacted me today saying that they are having problems with the checkout on items they have bought from me. What they say is that when the payment options come up they can't click on an option and proceed further. So they cannot complete their purchases and they've had to contact me for banking details. Any ideas as to what is happening? I thought the new guy was perhaps just inexperienced but the buyer that has just called (who buys a lot on BoB) confirms that there is obviously something amiss.

Feedback would be appreciated.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
    ― Groucho Marx

We had issues on the checkout pages between last night and today (around 2:30pm). With the UI changes over the weekend reports do trickle in that certain things are misaligned/problematic - in some instances it is also a cache issue and clearing the browser cache (or CTRL+F5) solves the issues.

If your buyers still struggle, can you please get me their userids?
    Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
    Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Comment

Thanks, MacMuffin - cleared browser cache over the weekend because of other issues. They have my banking details now so we're just bypassing the checkout system - not to worry. I have an international buyer who has to pay by credit card - if he starts having problems I'll have to come running for help...
      “Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

MacMuffin I really dont want to nag about this but new users will not click on this option"Proceed with payment" on the order. Cant we please have something referring them to sellers banking details.
        Users think they must proceed with payment then and there.
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

What about changing it to "Proceed to get sellers payment details" or something to that effect.
          bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
          bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
            What about changing it to "Proceed to get sellers payment details" or something to that effect.
            Yes that is exactly what is needed.

I have added to my payment details:

Please 'Complete your purchase' process, including the last bit "payment" in order to get the BobPay details. <br />You do not have to pay on the spot - you still have 3 days - but unless you complete the whole process you will not receive the banking details including the special CODE which ensures that the payment is passed on to me. Thanks :-)

This has helped for new buyers.
            Buying used goods is a higher form of recycling
            Items I have for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegar View Post
              Yes that is exactly what is needed.

I have added to my payment details:

Please 'Complete your purchase' process, including the last bit "payment" in order to get the BobPay details. <br />You do not have to pay on the spot - you still have 3 days - but unless you complete the whole process you will not receive the banking details including the special CODE which ensures that the payment is passed on to me. Thanks :-)

This has helped for new buyers.
              Nooooooooooooo too much work. Same as having to answer an email.
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

We have improved on the current functionality:

We have added a note to the EFT function as well as changed the button text:

If a seller has more than one payment option, we also change the button-text according to the payment option selected:

Button text will read:
                • For credit cards - "Continue with Payment via bobPay - Credit Card Online",
                • For PayPal - "Continue with Payment via PayPal Online"
                • For bobPay EFT - "Proceed to get seller's payment details"

Comment

Great!!

Thank you!:)
                  "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Thanks, Mac. Well done - now we, sellers, can hope that buyers will read things properly ...
                    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

over the next few weeks we will improve on the checkout process - and improve the purchasing experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X