Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this okay?

This is not about being against any seller, especially since we sell similar items. Its merely a concern and a query.

I was browsing through the cell phones category, through to the other smartphone sub category. From Page 1 to Page 4 its listings of the same seller and maybe 1 of another in each page.
    The seller has listing ending everyday of the same product. I know this is not multilisting since its different products ending daily. If I want to buy something as a buyer, do I have to go through 5 pages before I can look at other offerings since all the first pages are same seller?I doubt any buyer would go for 5 pages of same thing to find something better, they will give up on the 4th page if patient enough.

Isnt this flooding the category/market or whatever, how are other sellers supposed to get exposure? Especially local sellers, this might be legal, but its very bad for the market.

Atleast I sell on Crazy Wednesday, friday Snap and Weekend special and this helps to give my listing more exposure. I just feel pity for the other sellers swallowed by massive these listings.

Sipho
    CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

I second this motion. Sometimes there's just too much to go through. Perhaps there should be one or two more slight restrictions on how sellers list. Only to reduce the redundancy.
    "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

I've expressed similar feelings in the past, especially when one sees the identical picture of a gem repeated again and again and again. Makes for very irritating "shopping" as a buyer!
      Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
      Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Please allow us to "block" sellers...

Originally posted by Skhuu Products View Post
        This is not about being against any seller, especially since we sell similar items. Its merely a concern and a query.

I was browsing through the cell phones category, through to the other smartphone sub category. From Page 1 to Page 4 its listings of the same seller and maybe 1 of another in each page.
        The seller has listing ending everyday of the same product. I know this is not multilisting since its different products ending daily. If I want to buy something as a buyer, do I have to go through 5 pages before I can look at other offerings since all the first pages are same seller?I doubt any buyer would go for 5 pages of same thing to find something better, they will give up on the 4th page if patient enough.

Isnt this flooding the category/market or whatever, how are other sellers supposed to get exposure? Especially local sellers, this might be legal, but its very bad for the market.

Atleast I sell on Crazy Wednesday, friday Snap and Weekend special and this helps to give my listing more exposure. I just feel pity for the other sellers swallowed by massive these listings.

Sipho
        I have asked for a function to be added which allows us to "block" sellers before now. There are a number of sellers who do this 'flooding' of the section and it is irritating as well as counter-productive. Could a function be added which allows one to (at least temporarily) block viewing the items of a particular seller from whom we as buyers are NOT going to buy anyway so that we may view items from other sellers?

Please....!!!:)
        "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Maybe blocking a seller could work. Maybe restrict sellers on the number of auctions for similar items in one week, like having the same product closing everyday and opening everyday is not ideal for Bidorbuy.

It might work for Ebay as they've got millions of buyers, but we have about 500k.

Sipho
          CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
          X