No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming bank charges from buyer

Hi all

I use bobPay to receive payments and itís great. Iíve been using it for several months and everyone so far has paid me via EFT.

Last week I had the first buyer ever paying me with a cash deposit. I didnít notice this when I received the payment notification, although looking closer now I see the email says ďThe payment was made as a cash deposit.Ē

I only noticed now the R16,50 bank charge when I looked at my BoB invoice for last month. :o

Unfortunately I shipped the parcel a few days ago. On the auction page it says very clearly that buyers making cash deposits need to add an extra R16,50.

Does anyone have some advise/experience in reclaiming bank charges from buyers? I know Iím probably not in a very strong position since I already sent the item.

The bank charges are more irritating than a great loss, and I feel it was unfair of the buyer, especially since this was an experienced buyer.

Any advice on how to approach this would be welcomed.

Thanks
    Vintage Collectables
    Items I am selling

Smile like your bunny is smiling and write it off.I sent you an email
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I have been worried about this kind of scenario - one has to be very vigilant on this one and watch out not to send off the purchase.

What a headache to get the money from a buyer after they have already 'paid'.

So now they go and deposit cash to pay for the cash deposit fee and have to pay a cash deposit fee on the cash deposit.

Yes, the bunny will have to put the knife back in the kitchen drawer ... :D
      Buying used goods is a higher form of recycling
      Items I have for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by geewhizz View Post
        Smile like your bunny is smiling and write it off.I sent you an email
        Hi geewhizz, I haven't received an email from you?
        Items I am selling

Comment

Originally posted by Vegar View Post
          I have been worried about this kind of scenario - one has to be very vigilant on this one and watch out not to send off the purchase.

What a headache to get the money from a buyer after they have already 'paid'.

So now they go and deposit cash to pay for the cash deposit fee and have to pay a cash deposit fee on the cash deposit.

Yes, the bunny will have to put the knife back in the kitchen drawer ... :D
          Yes, once bitten twice shy! (I make a point of reminding buyers, when I send them an email telling them they have won an item from me, that a cash deposit incurs an additional cost of R16.50 which they need to add to the total cost of the item and postage).

Only once have I ever had a problem with a buyer who didn't read the email properly and then that buyer was good enough to pay the R16.50 before I sent the item.
          Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
          Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

I was charged R115.50 this month for bobpay bankcharges, due to buyer choosing the EFT option and then paying cash. Although I do give alternative bankdetails for cashdeposits....

R16.50 is fine... once. but R115.50? Not so easy to write it off when the amount goes up :(
            See all jewellery from Asha Craft!

"The purest form of love comes from your children."

Comment

Originally posted by Asha Craft View Post
              I was charged R115.50 this month for bobpay bankcharges, due to buyer choosing the EFT option and then paying cash. Although I do give alternative bankdetails for cashdeposits....

R16.50 is fine... once. but R115.50? Not so easy to write it off when the amount goes up :(
              Now we know what is aggravating the morning sickness, Amanda! :p
              Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
              Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Working...
              X