Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returned Parcels.

Recently we have been getting some returned parcels and at least one of the buyers wants to pay for the item again.

The goods we sell are mostly cheap items and going to collect a returned parcel just cancels out almost the whole sale so it is not worth going to collect the items.

What is the best way to handle this and what do you guys do when a parcel gets returned?

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Has the PO already implemented that new rule that you have to pay for returned parcels? As far as I know they are still just talking about it.

If it has been implemented, then I find it very suspicious that you are suddenly getting parcels back.

As to your question Wayne ... sorry, I'd be in a big a dilemma as you are :(.
    Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

I don't get many returned parcels but recently had one and my PO didn't charge me a cent for collecting it. Buyer repaid postage so I was able to send it so all is well that ends well. But I, too, wouldn't know what to do in your case, Wayne.
      Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
      Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

If the post office is going to charge you for collecting the returned items, ask the buyer/s if they're prepared to pay for this cost & the cost to resend the item.. If not, tell the post office to enjoy their new package! Then drive off on a huff in your trolley after making a grand exit!! ;) If they aren't charging you, collect them & let the buyer know they have to pay for you to resend it..
        I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

ha ha ha well the slips that come to us all have postage written on them and the last time I went to go get a returned parcel i stupidly told the cashier i need to pay the amount even though they just gave me the parcel.

at the moment i think we have 2 or 3 parcels that need collecting and have amounts written on the cards.

the other thing i find strange is that sometimes the PO don't send out those little notices for you to collect a parcel (PO told me they don't do it) yet when they need money in the form of a returned parcel they are quick to send out a letter.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

The post office returns parcel after about a month if it is not collected.
            This reinforces my gripe about buyers who do not rate.

There is always the possibility of the parcel being sent back.It is possible to follow up unrated items via the post office tracking but they are so often offline besides why must I go to this trouble when buyers only have to click a button

Wayne forget those slips. They get lost in the postmans bag.
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

true geewhizz so true.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I don't trust those little collection slips at all, sometimes they come, most times not and often my neighbors get them.
                I watch the parcels movements like a hawk on the tracking system, it shows up even if it is returned where it is exactly, the system usually is accurate within 24hours.
                Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Comment

that's what i did for the last 2 parcels a friend sent me. the first time i waited a few days for the slip by nothing came although i knew it was at our post office. when i went in armed with the tracking number they told me they don't send out slips and the sender must inform me when it arrives at my post office.

this time i tracked it again online and as soon as it came i was there like Flash Gordon on BioPlus.

Edit: and the funny thing is Kyle it came from your neck of the woods, Germiston.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Germiston's Postal system is weird lately, the last couple of parcels were sent all over Germiston district, not sure what happened, like you said, did the Flash Gordon thing and whipped across all over to collect them before the put it back in the system. Better safe than sorry as they say.
                    Getting stuff from overseas can be a challenge, sometimes 1 week from the States, the longest was 9 months!
                    where do you hail from Wayjen?
                    Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Comment

Cape Town.

we also don't get parcels unless it's these returns but the 2 parcels from Germiston were important to us.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                      X