No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping advice please

Hi All

Please could you have a look at the following 2 auctions of mine and tell me how you would understand the shipping costs involved.

The same person won both auctions and we don't seem to agree on the shipping as per the listing. maybe I am wrong in which case I will accomodate the buyer and apologise.

Thanks
    Last edited by Virgotec; 27-08-10, 23:09.
    We do IT!
    See all our listings here...

Firstly, I see that these two particular listings state "no combined shipping", yet in the breakdown it shows Rxyz for the first item, and additional items free.

This could therefore be read as that you do not combine items, but it is contradicted with the "additional items free" bit.

Ultimately it is your decision. You could possibly state to the buyer that for these particular listings that the "no combined shipping" clause is applied and that the breakdown is for the rest of your general transactions.
    Click here for great deals!

Comment

Thanks Cali Craft.

I tried to explain to him that when you setup shipping using the BOB system there is no option in the second item to state no combined shipping and therefor put it in the details in caps.

He seems to be a bit confused and replied that as per my listing I would send the items by overnight courier for R75.00, additional items free and 4% insurance.

He then goes on to state that he paid for the items over a month ago, that I should actually send him the items free of charge and that I must get my admin sorted out, stop making excuses and send his item or else he is going to take the matter up with BOB. He only won the items on wednesday and completed the order today. He hasn't paid for them yet.

How does one deal with this kind of person? TOTALLY CONFUSED!
      Last edited by Virgotec; 27-08-10, 20:10.
      We do IT!

Comment

Hi, I would suggest you email the client and state in a nice manner he/she has confused you for another seller as you only sold the items two days ago and see what type of reply you get. BOB will see when the auction closed so you should be fine.

As for the postage I recon mainly with the way he/she is communicating with you, I would most likely take the knock and get it over and done with instead of all the pain which could arise, but thats up to you.

I may be wrong because I sell gemstones but is'nt R75 overnight postage on a notebook a little low?
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Hi PrimoGems

Thanks for the reply.

I don't mind taking the knock for the extra item, but my listing doesn't say R75.00 for overnight courier. The 2 laptops together weigh almost 6kg's, which will cost me in the vacinity of R400.00 for overnight courier.

I have sent him an e-mail stating that I think he is confusing me with another seller, but have not received a reply yet.

Will just have to wait and see what his response is.
          Last edited by Virgotec; 27-08-10, 22:20.
          We do IT!

Comment

Hectic I must be ageing really badly and I only turn 34 this week. Where? I see Internet Express Couriers R200 and 2KG > 5KG R75 correct? with additional items free which puts you in crap.

Ok now I see it, just above (NO COMBINED SHIPPING). This is not looking good for you I'm sorry to say. In their eyes the R75 option is looking great, wait for the email back and check what type of person you dealing with and then decide rating or money.
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I don't have a problem with sending the 2nd item free. I do have a problem with Overnight courier @ R75.00. He is obviously not reading it right. I don't know how else to explain it.

Oh well, lets just sit it out and see what happens. He hasn't made payment yet so maybe we can still come to an agreement.

Thanks
              We do IT!

Comment

Man sorry, I'm also wrong you could have had me as an (a r s e) of a client too but I'm very easy going.

Ok got it when you see R75 usually it's for overnight on my side of the trade and lots of people charge R75 for overnight so I'm guessing that could be what's happening with them.

So you 100% safe piont that out to them. Tell them stop being an idiot like PrimoGems and READ.......lol
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Ok, just received an e-mail from the buyer in which he apologises profusely for confusing me with another seller. We have reached an agreement and all is well.

I have removed the links I posted in the first post, since my problem is sorted.

Thanks CaliCraft & PrimoGems for your input.

Regards
                  Last edited by Virgotec; 28-08-10, 14:25.
                  We do IT!

Comment

Working...
                  X