No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to a policy page

Hi,

Are we allowed to have a link to an external page which lists our policies?

I have seen a few sellers that have this in place, and it would be very useful especially with the 8000 character limit.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Hi, I make use of google docs - been using it for a while and so far have not received any complaints. I think as long as you make sure there is absolutely no way the buyer could contact you through this page it is okay. Not absolutely sure though, but would sure like to find out:

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0A...DN4eA&hl=en_GB

It does give you the extra space to really cover yourself in the event "anything" goes wrong :p I also make a point of reminding the customer to visit here with each email that gets sent out.

I am not sure how Bob would monitor these though - I guess it would be up to honest buyers to monitor each seller, or other sellers to check up periodically.

I also save invoices here for a period of 6 months, sending each buyer their individual unique link (the ones that insist) - they can either download it or print it themselves. Saves a lot of ink & paper for Sellers.

But yes, I would like to know if it is acceptable.
    "It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness" - Chinese Proverb
    "Be always at war with ur vices, at peace with ur neighbors and let each New Day find u a better Person"

Comment

Easiest is to convert your policy into an image and then load that onto the listing.
      Obligatory link to my listings.

Comment

@ BeadsandBaubles - Looks awesome - how does one set this up?
        I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

@ kebs

I use MS Word to do the document first, and saved it to my PC.

If you have a google account (which is free, if you don't know this already) you log onto your google account - they have so many freebie goodies (just love it!) - choose "Documents" to create your documents account, then just upload your word document. Select the setting "Share with whoever has the link" . Also just remember to check the "editing" setting to prevent whoever has the link from messing with your doccie.

Take a look at this listing: Glass Beads - New from Beads & Baubles 6x7mm RoQ ChiQ "BloodRose" Metal-Coated Glass Tube Bead - Atlernative Style for sale in Johannesburg (ID:25432216)
          on my banner whoever clicks on it will be directed to my terms and conditions page.

Ag, you'll figure it out, same as Bidorbuy, just got to play around with it till you get it right. It also helps to add reminders here and there, telling people that once they click the bid or the buy button they are legally bound to your terms, adding this here and there gives them pause to think.

Hope this helps.
          "Be always at war with ur vices, at peace with ur neighbors and let each New Day find u a better Person"

Comment

We do not have any issues with such documents being hosted on Google Docs. There is only one rule, no contact details (email, phone numbers, addresses etc.) so that the buyer can bypass the bidorbuy system to conclude the transaction.

Thanks
            Cuan

Comment

Originally posted by RISadler View Post
              Easiest is to convert your policy into an image and then load that onto the listing.
              This is another option and many sellers do use it, so it's on the item page already, so the buyer does not have to navigate away from the item page...

Comment

@ gball - Thanking You:)

Comment

@ BeadsandBaubles - thanks, will check it out! :D
                  I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by BeadsandBaubles View Post
                    @ gball - Thanking You:)
                    Who is gball??? :p

Comment

Originally posted by qball View Post
                      Who is gball??? :p
                      Your alter-ego? ;)

Comment

Maybe...

Comment

gball/qball - the cat who uses the cat-flap and litter box in the BoB office and possibly wears a g-string, hence the confusion here? ;)
                          Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                          Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Quite possible, but only the IT guys wear G-strings... so I'm told... ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X