No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very scared...

Hi everyone, me again...

I posted a thread this weekend about new bidders on my items and the fact that bOb might think it's me shill-bidding. And Tanaka (who is just great by the way) assured me that BoB will see if it's me bidding on my own stuff.

Well I just got a warning from BoB (first and final warning) to stop shill-bidding. I am getting to a stage where I am so scared of getting suspended or blacklisted or something that I don't even think illegal things, let alone do them.

I know that Morne and Cuan and the others at BoB is doing their job to keep BoB safe and they are doing a great job becuase I already got nailed for doing something wrong previously,b but what if someone is really not doing something and they are now in trouble?

Here is the thread where I asked if we can delete new bidders, but as Tanaka pointed out, we were all there, but now it lookes like I am doing something wrong...

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-community-watch/10982-blocking-new-bidders.html

What can I do to prove to BoB that I was not shill-bidding? PLEASE ASSIST, ANYONE...
    Last edited by MediaTech; 13-09-10, 14:32. Reason: To add update

Well I just spoke to Bennet (actually very friendly person :)) and he assured me that the bids came from my IP address (also reasuring knowing that BoB can see these things) but not so reasuring for me because now I have to worry about who uses my computer.

But this must be a warning for everyone that you should not leave your pc un-guarded because if something goes wrong, it is only your fault... Another lesson learned.

Thanks Bennet for being so helpful and friendly... :D

Comment

well this shows you.

Comment

Not necessarily, if using a static IP it's now problem, but a dynamic IP is a whole other story, if somebody is using that (normally it's not a choice you have as this is what your internet service provider chooses), it can change depending on the demand and users currently active, so one time you connect to the internet, and the next time could result in a different IP assigned to you.
        Having said that, your account's IP and somebody else getting that one and bidding on your items would big a big coincidence:o. So a question to BoB - how is this exactly handled or am I missing something here?!:p
        Jacque31

Comment

We don't only look at IP's...:)

Comment

I think, and I beleive that I am correct, Cuan will back me up on this I am sure, that all the long hard nights that MacMuffin spends tapping on the keyboard and coding this and that...has resulted in an unseen, non detectable facial recognition system being present on the BoB interface, also a supersonic fingerprint reader that works off the mouse left click button, which also sends a type of DNA feed back to the powers that be on BoB.

My telepathic sources also reveal that as we speak, MacMuffin is working on a built in heart rate monitor that will send readings to BoB from your mouse, and with this they will be able to determine ''whats hot''

Did I leak too much Cuan?
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Close enough! ;)

Comment

Brilliant C&S! :D Be afraid, shill bidders, be very afraid....
                “Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
                ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Will BoB also now be able to register high blood pressure? Shill bidders beware. Very aware! ;)
                  Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                  Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Hello All

A couple of times, especially when I was new on Bob, I allowed clients to bid on my items using my computer in the shop. I then realised that this could be picked up as Shill Bidding and stopped the practice.

I would love to reintroduce the practice. Surely BoB would take a broad look and look at many factors before deciding whether a bid is legitimate or not?

Regards

Jacques
                    Philately starts where the catalogue stops.
                    Items I have for sale.

Comment

I love the idea of what ClickandShip leaked ;) and it would all work fantastic I think. dstorm, I would not try that again if I was you. After today I think the same thing happened (that someone at the shop may have bid on my PC and it got me in hot water... Its just not worth loosing money by getting suspended or something because someone did not listen...

But then again I think there is a few people out there that are gready or something and that is why they chase their own bids...

Me personaly, I am too scared to even think about it now :eek:... Seems they guys in security are there because they are very good at what they do and not just for their obvious charm

Comment

Originally posted by ClickandShip View Post
                        I think, and I beleive that I am correct, Cuan will back me up on this I am sure, that all the long hard nights that MacMuffin spends tapping on the keyboard and coding this and that...has resulted in an unseen, non detectable facial recognition system being present on the BoB interface, also a supersonic fingerprint reader that works off the mouse left click button, which also sends a type of DNA feed back to the powers that be on BoB.

My telepathic sources also reveal that as we speak, MacMuffin is working on a built in heart rate monitor that will send readings to BoB from your mouse, and with this they will be able to determine ''whats hot''

Did I leak too much Cuan?
                        You missed that we also triangulate where you live, what you had for breakfast, what you are up to on Facebook, how many speedtickets you have and we have contact details of your exes. Aside from the last one (the exes), I think you should not fear us too much ;).

While we can't reveal any of our secrets (they are so secret, that we can't even remember them ourselves --- some attribute it to old age though), with Cuan's awesome "security sheriffs" (you get the chills just walking past them) and our systems in place, fraud-management is relatively easy and is constantly tweaked.
                        Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
                        Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Comment

Originally posted by MacMuffin View Post
                          ....... how many speedtickets you have .....
                          If we promise to be good on BoB, will you promise to make good use of your skills and wipe all traces of these from all memory-banks?
                          Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

Now the Topic is very relevant... Very Scared!
                            Philately starts where the catalogue stops.
                            Items I have for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by MacMuffin View Post
                              You missed that we also triangulate where you live, what you had for breakfast, what you are up to on Facebook, how many speedtickets you have and we have contact details of your exes. Aside from the last one (the exes), I think you should not fear us too much ;).

While we can't reveal any of our secrets (they are so secret, that we can't even remember them ourselves --- some attribute it to old age though), with Cuan's awesome "security sheriffs" (you get the chills just walking past them) and our systems in place, fraud-management is relatively easy and is constantly tweaked.
                              Did you guys recruit someone from NIA, or maybe even CIA to colelct all these information.
                              I thought I was addicted to Bidorbuy, now I get it, I am actually Bidorbuy's property!

Sipho
                              CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                              X