No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading listings

Hello All

I have always seen BidorBuy as progressive and forward thinking.

Last night I listed an item for the coming Crazy Wednesday Auction under the “Category Page Featured Listing”.

I had two phone calls about the item today and decided to rather edit my listing and pay the extra R40-00 to have this item under the “Home Page Featured Listing”.

I was very surprised to find out that this could not be done! I got the following message from BoB:

The Item can not be saved because it has error(s)

• The Category Page Featured Listing option can't be disabled now, since there was some exposure.

Now I fully understand that you cannot select a category and then downgrade it. But I wanted a better listing and wanted to pay more. The item would have had “some exposure” in any case. In fact, BoB would have had to give the item even better exposure as from yesterday if I had selected the “Home Page Featured Listing” in the first instance.

Is this a glitch or is it genuine?

Regards

Jacques
    Last edited by dstorm; 13-09-10, 18:02.
    Philately starts where the catalogue stops.
    Items I have for sale.

Hi Jacques

Unfortunately, this is genuine.
    I had the same problem a while back.
    As the auction hasn't opened yet, The only thing you can do is delete the listing and relist the way you want it. As far as I am aware, BoB does not actually charge listing fees until the listing opens so you shouldn't be double-charged. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

It is a pain though, as your new listing probably won't be on the same page as your other listings.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

It is a genuine pain for us as well. We have scheduled to rework how promotions work in October. In short, going forward you will be able to add extra exposure in future. You will also be able to schedule your exposure. All still in discussion, but it will certainly benefits sellers and buyers alike.
      Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
      Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Comment

Thanks MacMuffin!

It is fantastic to know that BoB might change this. As I have said, I have always seen BidorBuy as progressive and forward thinking.

Regards

Jacques
        Items I have for sale.

Comment

I second that, great news.
          And, as always, you BoB guys are just great.:D
          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

What i do with this problem is, i don't close it i just edit the listing and put another item in it's place and then i will list the product that were there in another listing, hope that make sense. It works for me for now! For example i had a doggie listed on Featured Listings and then decided i did not want to sell her anymore, but i did not want to loose the listing fees, so i deleted whilst editing and put in another item on that same listing, just changed the categories etc. and the information!
            Last edited by DestinysAngels; 13-09-10, 20:09.
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

"Animals Can Communicate Quite Well and They Do and Generally Speaking, They are Ignored!"

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you! Criticize me, and I may not like you! Ignore me, and I may not forgive you! Encourage me, and I will not forget you!"

Comment

HI JACQUES
              Yes that has been the case with me as well -Destiny Angels way is fine but takes more time but at least you dont lose fees.If bob cold change this it would be excellent as we all change our mind sometimes-ALso BOB how about a new listing charge inbetween category and featured-lets say R20 -Sometimes we need more exposure than the category option offers but dont want to spend R50 on the promotion fee-Somewhere inbetween would be ideal.BONUS more fees for bob maybe??
              THANKS NEIL

Comment

Thanks to ALL for their input

I fully agree with Neil about an intermediate listing. R10-00 to R50-00 is a massive jump especially if you have no guarantee that your item might even clear R60-00. R5-00 to R10-00 is a 100% jump. R50-00 to R100-00 is a 100% jump as well. R10-00 to R50-00 is way out of line. But I think we might go off topic now – admin’s guns are loaded.

Regards

Jacques
                Items I have for sale.

Comment

Working...
                X