Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Animation & Flash on listings

    Hi everyone, I am curious. Where can one go to get some info or help with adding some animation or flash to your listings?
    I mean, there are a few sellers that have the most awesome listings, they really went all out. I do not want to copy someone's hard work but, I really want to make my listings look good when buyers visit. I think it's like a nice window display at shops, it makes all the difference.

    So is there someone out here that is willing to share their trade secrets or offer some advice? I will be greatly appreciated. I will even pay for the help...

    Every time I want to put a flash or Gif on the listing I get an error : The following HTML tag(s) and/or Attribute(s) are not permitted in Trade_Description field : [object,embed,style]
    Last edited by MediaTech; 18-09-10, 15:07.

  • #2
    If you host your gif images on external sites like photobucket or image ready and add the image to your listing using the link provided by them it works.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MediaTech View Post
      The following HTML tag(s) and/or Attribute(s) are not permitted in Trade_Description field : [object,embed,style]
      Its to prevent sellers adding online forms, java apps, flash apps ect, just to make BOB safer, flash also takes forever to load which will likely cause your buyer to look somewhere else ( people to NOT want to wait for stuff to load, that's why some of the most successful sites in the world is 'basic' in appearance to make the site load faster )

      If you really want animation in your listing I think you'll be limited to animated .GIF files, I do websites ect so that would be my 2 cents worth :-)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MK Jewels View Post
        Its to prevent sellers adding online forms, java apps, flash apps ect, just to make BOB safer, flash also takes forever to load which will likely cause your buyer to look somewhere else ( people to NOT want to wait for stuff to load, that's why some of the most successful sites in the world is 'basic' in appearance to make the site load faster )
        And will be absolutely meaningless for users visiting our mobile site as it takes up a lot of real-estate, takes for-ever to load (or is not supported on a number of handsets).
        Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
        Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanx a lot Lukeness, MK Jewels and MacMuffin... This was soooo helpfull, I think I am going to try and load gif and see what happens.

          You guys are awesome!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MediaTech View Post
            Hi everyone, I am curious. Where can one go to get some info or help with adding some animation or flash to your listings?
            I mean, there are a few sellers that have the most awesome listings, they really went all out. I do not want to copy someone's hard work but, I really want to make my listings look good when buyers visit. I think it's like a nice window display at shops, it makes all the difference.

            So is there someone out here that is willing to share their trade secrets or offer some advice? I will be greatly appreciated. I will even pay for the help...

            Every time I want to put a flash or Gif on the listing I get an error : The following HTML tag(s) and/or Attribute(s) are not permitted in Trade_Description field : [object,embed,style]
            You are more than welcome to use mine :)

            Comment


            • #7
              the other day i was looking at something on BoB and came across a seller who had a flashy description of the article he was selling and i was very impressed because it pulsated and was shiny and all those fancy things but then i noticed his spelling was wrong and i passed out from disappointment.

              so the moral of the story is, if you going the fancy route and hope by doing so you will attract some more buyers please make sure your spelling is in order.


              VIEW MY ITEMS!


              Comment


              • #8
                Google shall set you free

                hi , just google animated gifs , or online banner creator , as well as animated lines . This helped me alot , kindly deposit r0000.00 into my account
                Check out my listings , it might help, Items for sale from Vertigo on bidorbuy.co.za
                only problem is that my animated banner gives the name of the website that I used to create it , but it's no big deal
                Regards Vertigo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is it possible to include any form of CSS in listings?
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Vertigo View Post
                    hi , just google animated gifs , or online banner creator , as well as animated lines . This helped me alot , kindly deposit r0000.00 into my account
                    Check out my listings , it might help, Items for sale from Vertigo on bidorbuy.co.za
                    only problem is that my animated banner gives the name of the website that I used to create it , but it's no big deal
                    Regards Vertigo
                    Well yeah just like anything else, just Google it - but not all things on the net can just be used without the owner's permission, but hey that doesn't stop 99% of all people. Even better just create your own, it's unique, no complications can come from it, and your can make it 100% the way you want it, also would be more rewarding once finished I think. But I guess sellers selling loads don't have that much time (most anyway),
                    Jacque31

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Vertigo View Post
                      hi , just google animated gifs , or online banner creator , as well as animated lines . This helped me alot , kindly deposit r0000.00 into my account
                      Check out my listings , it might help, Items for sale from Vertigo on bidorbuy.co.za
                      only problem is that my animated banner gives the name of the website that I used to create it , but it's no big deal
                      Regards Vertigo

                      Thank you Vertigo for the assistance, I have made payment to the amount of R000000.000, you'll see I added an extra zero.......
                      Click here for great deals!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanx Tjaart (love the kitty ;-) and wayjen and vertigo (love your banners).

                        I finally got some gif's and it looks much better...
                        Thanx guys... everyone is sooooo helpful, maybe one day when I am big and strong I can help you guys...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MediaTech View Post
                          Thanx Tjaart (love the kitty ;-) and wayjen and vertigo (love your banners).

                          I finally got some gif's and it looks much better...
                          Thanx guys... everyone is sooooo helpful, maybe one day when I am big and strong I can help you guys...
                          MediaTech No problem at all

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MK Jewels View Post
                            Its to prevent sellers adding online forms, java apps, flash apps ect, just to make BOB safer, flash also takes forever to load which will likely cause your buyer to look somewhere else ( people to NOT want to wait for stuff to load, that's why some of the most successful sites in the world is 'basic' in appearance to make the site load faster )

                            If you really want animation in your listing I think you'll be limited to animated .GIF files, I do websites ect so that would be my 2 cents worth :-)
                            MK Jewels are very modest, He can write you an HTML coding for the background of your listings, he have helped me with more than one and it looks great. I informed him what I want and he (for a very nominal fee) gave me what I wanted within the limitations that BOB allow.
                            sigpic__________________________________________________ ______________________
                            Take a puff and pass it on
                            Items I am selling

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X