Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect placement of Ad

I received a complaint on Friday through email from BOB comunity watch that someone disagrees that the item I am selling is a collectable or antique. While I do agree that a corkscrew is not a collectable, I believe that due to the high cost/value, it is a collectable, and that category fitted perfectly. Besides, I don't think that members should get so sticky on issues such as this to report me on Community Watch??

Cork Screws & Bottle Openers - Brand New Le Creuset - Screwpull LM400B - The Corkscrew with Finesse for sale in Scottburgh (ID:26347441)

What do other forum members think. Is this not trivial?
    Win Big

I don't know about your item specifically, but there are those out there that think reporting to CW is a game, which I'm sure must annoy BoB enormously as they have to investigate each complaint.
    The email you got was an automated email. If you don't get another email from one of the CW staff members, you have nothing to worry about.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Hi RAJRULES1

I can see why you would think that the Category Antiques & Collectibles would be the perfect place - however, I would have listed this item in the category, Home & Living / Food & Beverage / Wine Accessories - If I was a buyer looking for one of these particular cork screws, this is where I would look.

Don't take it personally...
      VIEW MY ITEMS!!

Comment

I think it should of passed as a collectible, the items price is high and is not a item that any "jan-rap" would buy, only my opinion though.
        Click here to VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Incorrect placement

Honestly, sellers should be allowed to choose the category at their own discretion. I don't think buyers should be so petty and immature unless ofcourse it is something totally unappropriate. I would also like to see BoB add more categories,maybe a miscellaneous category for those items that really just don't fit in anywhere specific.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your views.
            Win Big

Comment

Originally posted by networkharvesting View Post
              Honestly, sellers should be allowed to choose the category at their own discretion.
              Uhm they can - but they at least need to use the right one. If I put DVD's in the gardening category, and all other sellers put items where they please - can you imagine what a nightmare it would be for buyers browsing the site? So don't agree with you on that one.
              But I do agree that some buyers can be a little to "much" with reporting things like the item concerned in this thread.

retailrush has a very good suggestion & makes a lot of sense - beneficial for the seller & buyer alike.
              Jacque31

Comment

Where sellers do get the time to go through all other sellers listing just to be able to report them, I really do not know. And boy can they be extremely petty, they are so afraid for the little sun that might shine on another seller, this is to much for them to bear and want that bit of sunshine for themselves.

I would have agreed with jacque31 if there were categories under which it can be listed. There are no real categories for smoking and bar items. You either has to list them under Food or Beverages, Antique or Collectables, Outdoor camping, Unusual or any other very strange category that actually do not have anything to do with smoking and bar items.
                If you search for something there are hundreds and hundreds or pages and pages of smoking and bar items listed, but looking closer it is scattered all over bobs site as there are no category for it. We that are selling these items do not have a category and we must list them all over the site just to get them listed.

Smoking and bar items is not food and beverages, it is not outdoor camping, it is also not Antiques and collectables and it is definitely not Unusual it is the most common and well known articles and deserve a main category on its own with the separate sub categories.

Search for:
                1. ashtrays: and you get 10 pages and they are scattered in 16 different main categories
                2. Bottle openers: and you get 15 pages, they are scattered in 19 different main categories. (Baby excluded)
                3. smoking pipes and you get 7 pages, they are scattered in 11 different main categories
                4. Cigarette Lighter: and you get 21 pages, they are scattered in 18 different main categories
                5. Zippo lighters: and you get 4 pages, they are scattered in 11 different main categories
                6. Tobacco: and you get 11 pages, they are scattered in 20 different main categories.
                This is just 6 searchers in the smoking category there are tons more items listed that do not include items in the above searches and I did not even started to get to the bar items. I only provided the main categories above, if you click on either of them they are scattered even more making it sometimes 30-40 different categories on one search

There are other categories on BOB with way fewer items listed under them that do have there own categories, smoking and bar items deserve a full main category on its own.

I am low on stock and await my new shipment in 3-4 weeks. I will be listing about 400-700 items, where should I list them: Under the categories the other sellers are complaining about, stop moaning, get a grip and accept that until BOB is able to give us our own categories it have to be listed amongst all the other categories some sellers claim for themselves, but until then RAJRULES1 you are within your rights as what you have listed can be a collectable, but: I suggest you also contact BOB and request from them that they investigate and start a category (with different sub categories for Bar and smoking items), then we do have a choice as to list them under collectables if you think it belongs there or under the new bar category BOB did create for bar items.
                Last edited by puff1; 26-09-10, 10:56.
                sigpic__________________________________________________ ______________________
                Take a puff and pass it on
                Items I am selling

Comment

@ puff1 I agree wholeheartedly on this one. I too have some bottle openers and bar sets. They are old, but certainly not antique and I doubt collectible (made in Taiwan ).

I feel like a fraud listing them under collectibles but have no choice.
                  Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

Originally posted by mellowred View Post
                    @ puff1 I agree wholeheartedly on this one. I too have some bottle openers and bar sets. They are old, but certainly not antique and I doubt collectible (made in Taiwan ).

That was my first reaction as well when I listed my items the first time, but where else should we list them.

At that time I contacted Bob and requests categories for this items but they informed me as soon as there are enough items listed they will investigate.

At that time I did not bother to search for other items but boy there are hundred of items in this line but if you look under the wide variety of categories it is listed you realise that none of the other sellers also know where to list them

The part that is more frustrating is if we as sellers do not know where to list them how is the buyers going to find them definitely not under food and beverages.

I sugest you also contact BOB and request a full category for Bar and Smoking items. The more request they do receive the more serious they will need to consider it.
                    Last edited by puff1; 26-09-10, 11:27.
                    sigpic__________________________________________________ ______________________
                    Take a puff and pass it on
                    Items I am selling

Comment

Originally posted by mellowred View Post

I guess that one person's junk is another one's antique, and one person's clutter is another's collectable. No need to feel bad unless you are deliberately trying to deceive another.
                      Win Big

Comment

I agree with Puff and Tanaka about the pettiness involved with some of the reporting . Evidently some people do not have enough to do in a day and take pleasure from going through items to spot what may be construed at a fault.
                        I have been reported more than once for having my contact details on my listings . If the person reporting had taken the trouble to actually read the listing , they would have seen that not only were no contact details on the listing but under the link supplied to the website where people can view my artist profile detail it clearly states "no contact details are on this website"!
                        consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative.

Comment

Working...
                        X