Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How??

How did this seller manage to list an auction starting @ R1 with a reserve that has not been met @ R6000??

Please assist as when I try I get an error.

Blackberry - Blackberry Torch 9800 for sale in Johannesburg (ID:26247382)
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

This is weird, I thought it was supposed to be about 80% of the reserve.

Sipho
    CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

i did not realise we can list on the R1.00 auction and put reserves on
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Leading bidder no ratings ,.... FISHY
        Click here to VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by ClickandShip View Post
          How did this seller manage to list an auction starting @ R1 with a reserve that has not been met @ R6000??

Please assist as when I try I get an error.

Blackberry - Blackberry Torch 9800 for sale in Johannesburg (ID:26247382)
          We need to still validate this properly, but what I see is that the user is a TradeFeed partner - in this case certain validations will not apply. The reserve price rule should apply regardless of a users group. This is also the reason, why ClickandShip gets an error (he/she is not a tradefeed partner). We will look at this properly tomorrow, but if it is a bug, then it must have been in the system for at least 8-9 months (if not longer).
          Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
          Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Comment

Hi guys and gals

This isn't a Crazy Wednesday, Snap Friday or Weekend Special auction, so it can start at R1.00 and have a reserve.
            It's an ordinary auction with some listing enhancements and runs from 17-23 September.
            The special auctions can't run for such a long time.

OK, I stand corrected by MacMuffin - He would obviously know more than I - all those brains hiding under the hoodie.
            Last edited by Vinyl Lady Decals; 20-09-10, 19:05.
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I want the BUG!!!!!
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Nay....I NEED the BUG!!!
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by ClickandShip View Post
                  Nay....I NEED the BUG!!!
                  Why? I always wondered about the reserve, as most auctions without a reserve are actually more successful. Anyone will be able to work out the reserve anyhow and I as a seller would not attract as many prospective bidders.

Having said that, this is the first instance we came across, as typically trade-feed partners list via their tradefeeds and this looks like a manual listing.
                  Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
                  Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Comment

Why?

Because I actually want to make a profit off my auctions and the only way to do that is to have them start as R1 Auctions as buyers use the ''View all R1 Crazy Auctions'' from the home page.

I will get the exposure as well as the safety net and my stress levels will drop dramatically.
                    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                    X