Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is the website so slow?

I have brought up this subject a couple of times and every time I am told that there is no problem. Well, there is. I have been experiencing this problem for the last couple of weeks where often it just hangs. At great expense I have upgraded my ADSL speed, and though on other sites everything is a lot faster, no difference on BoB. Please guys, have a look at this, it is seriously affecting our sales!
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

I'm not saying there is a problem but I , personally , don't have any problems with the site and I am almost online 4-5 hours a day
    Click here to VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Hi Anerstemens, just for interest sake, what connection do you use and at what speed (if possible). I am really trying to find the cause of this problem, if it does not lie with the site, thanks. Also any comments/advice from other users, please.
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I have mweb uncapped Adsl 384kb , its slow on downloads but great for work... (slow on downloads due to shaping) getting great speeds on bob .. who is your isp and what speed.
        regards
        Anerstemens

Comment

HI, thanks. I also use mweb, had uncapped 384, unshaped, but have gone to 518 (?), in anycase the faster one, shaped. The problem is I haven't seen any difference from 384 shaped, to unshaped, to the faster speed.
          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Thats not good, uhm I`m running Opera as my default browser been doing it for years , do you use Internet Explorer ? maybe try installing a other browser ,.... I`m taking a guess here....

Comment

Hi Ziggy
              Perhaps you should try using Firefox, it seems to be one of the faster browsers.
              Also have your Telkom line speed checked, the problem could lie there.
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by Tananka View Post
                Hi Ziggy
                Perhaps you should try using Firefox, it seems to be one of the faster browsers.
                Also have your Telkom line speed checked, the problem could lie there.
                Hi Ziggy - Also using Firefox as my browser its I found it much faster than Internet Explorer

Comment

Thanks everybody, I am going to download firefox and give a it a try. I don't think my line speed from Telkom's side is the problem, they have just upgraded it to the faster speed unless there is a technical fault on the line - omw - this is so complicated
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

firefox is quick

I am using Firefox now and it does appear to be a lot quicker. It is early in the morning so that could also be contributing but will keep testing it. Thanks all for your advice
                    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I also use Firefox and also find BoB very slow....other sites no problem! Hangs a lot!
                      My age is but an irrelevant number !
                      Items I am selling.

Comment

Firefox is a fantastic program, apparently it uses the same engine as the old Netscape Navigator browser with a whole lot more features and upgrades, the most important being that it does not attach itself to the Kernel like Explorer does and is thus much more secure, making it harder for virus's to get into your system. Best of all, its free.
                        Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Comment

Working...
                        X