Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we get buyers to read the auctions thoroughly?

A general problem I have is when I list items with multiple sizes. I request on my auctions to please state ring size. 3 Requests later, still no ring size, although the order has been completed and payment received. I would hate to send any size (although I state if size is not stated on the order form, a size will randomly be chosen). Firstly because I would not like the buyer to waste his/her money on an item which does not fit, and secondly, for the possibility of a negative rating. How can we better express ourselves? I'm sure other sellers also have this problem.
    I recently also had a buyer requesting to return the ring he bought from me because he thought is was pure white gold (at R250.00????) Apologised for not reading the auction properly. I've offered the refund but I'm not going to make a habit of this. I do not withhold any info on any item sold, it's just a pity that some buyers do not look further than the picture.

Guilty here, for not giving you a ring size but did after the first e-mail. Are there no props ( I think they are called) for a buyer to select when completing the sale? Some thing like when you but a t-shirt you need to chose a size. We were so excited about the ring that it sliped our minds to add in the size, yes hubby and me
    Selective choices allow for selective karma...choose wisely
    Click here to veiw my Items here

Comment

There is a way to create prompts for listings like this, you just need to poke around on your "selling" page a bit
      Visit my hive!

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBee View Post
        There is a way to create prompts for listings like this, you just need to poke around on your "selling" page a bit
        this is sooooo funnnny , im sorry people , do what you want , prompts and all ........99% of buyers DONT read , before bidding , after recieving our very detailed mails , covering every possible aspect fo the sale .........but i do suggest you still make sure you do what you can but thats just to keep yourself covered for all the nonsense that comes when they recieve their items
        COME WITH US............

Comment

How about something like this.

------
          This is my auction description. You need to read this as it contains important information.
          At the end of this description of my listing that I need you to read is a link that says Click here for magic. If you click this link you will get rickrolled.
          This is your warning not to click the link.

Place a link/button that states Click Here and when someone clicks it it gets them rickrolled.
          In the description you need them to read, explicitly state that clicking the button will get them rickrolled.
          Anyone not reading your description and clicking the button will get what they deserve :-)

Click here for magic
          --------
          Last edited by oryxza; 12-10-10, 22:45.
          Items I have on offer

Veni, Vidi, Vendor - I came, I saw, I registered as a seller

Comment

If anyone finds a way to get buyers to read the descriptions, sell it on bid or buy! I'll be your first customer, no matter what the price!
            I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by kebs View Post
              If anyone finds a way to get buyers to read the descriptions, sell it on bid or buy! I'll be your first customer, no matter what the price!
              haha Kebs , and then you can sell it to me at a discounted price k
              COME WITH US............

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBabe View Post
                Guilty here, for not giving you a ring size but did after the first e-mail. Are there no props ( I think they are called) for a buyer to select when completing the sale? Some thing like when you but a t-shirt you need to chose a size. We were so excited about the ring that it sliped our minds to add in the size, yes hubby and me
                This one not meant for you (lol). Have a few buyers that I'm waiting for a ring sizes for up to 3 weeks. My common sense says any size and keep my side clean, but it's really bad to receive something you've been looking forward to and it does not fit!

Comment

I've been scrolling through various sellers' ratings, and it's so sad when the it's a negative rating with the wording "not what I expected" or "item smaller than it looks on picture", etc. But if they've read the auction properly, there wouldn't be any misunderstanding. But, oh well, we're all human and most of the time we only see/hear/do what we want to......I'm also guilty....always in a rush....

Comment

Most the questions I have been asked by potential buyers are about things clearly stated on the listing description - in particular the size of a painting - which is always right underneath the photo of it ! Sometimes I wonder if buyers just look at the thumbnail photo and nothing else ?
                    consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative.

Comment

Maybe we should start asking NICELY

Comment

Originally posted by MediaTech View Post
                        Maybe we should start asking NICELY
                        or maybe we should stop asking nicely....
                        "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

Surely bidorbuy could look into situations like this, if someone gets a negative or neutral rating because of something that is clearly stated in the auction, sellers should be allowed to appeal it and have the rating reversed. I've also seen lots of ratings like this. Buyer says "Item was smaller than I expected", seller replies "The size was clearly stated in the listing". Next project for the bidorbuy team: A feedback appeal system with one of the options "Buyer obviously never learnt how to read properly"
                          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by Daykie View Post
                            Surely bidorbuy could look into situations like this, if someone gets a negative or neutral rating because of something that is clearly stated in the auction, sellers should be allowed to appeal it and have the rating reversed. I've also seen lots of ratings like this. Buyer says "Item was smaller than I expected", seller replies "The size was clearly stated in the listing". Next project for the bidorbuy team: A feedback appeal system with one of the options "Buyer obviously never learnt how to read properly"
                            I've had quite a few negatives reversed for this reason - details clearly displayed in the listings.
                            I think that most sellers don't seem to know that they can appeal these types of negatives, most don't even come to the forum where they could really learn alot.
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

hide a discount or free gift offer in really small font on some of your auctions and see how many customers actually find it.
                              Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

Comment

Working...
                              X