Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on with Buyers on BoB these days?

As I have mentioned plenty of times before, people are still making up their own postage even after they get their confirmation emails on what to pay.

We have now a handful of Buyers short paying for their items and it all has to do with postage. We send them emails as to how much they must pay and we have been doing it for over a year now but for some reason these people cannot read or understand that we do not determine the postage that BoB or the Post Office charge. now BoB say "file an SNC" with regards to short payments, how on earth can you run a business or make a living this way because for 14 days you need to wait to see what happens and then you either get your postage or you have to refund the Buyer. Now for 14 days your item lays in limbo because it was bought and not completely paid for and other people could have wanted to bid on it.
    something is seriously wrong somewhere in the chain of kinks.

My other gripe is people who continually bid on items which can go on for months. Example. item(s) is on for a week and Buyer wins but decides to bid on something else. Second item(s) come off and email is sent but buyer bids on something else. This goes on for a month.
    It's not the first time we had this happen and this time we closed the second or third lot of sales and now the buyer does not do anything.

this don't work in my book.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

I Second that. If I say R 50.00 per KG for example. and the parcel is only 2 KG, they pay only for 1 KG , is that fair?

Comment

yes some buyers think that we are actually charity organisations. i have one buyer who paid fir the item won. then gave me a negative rating after i have emailed him about the shipping costs about a million times. he then changes rating but still do not pay the postage and i am still sitting with his money. no corrospondence from him he must have too much money floating around.
      i think the way to go is file neutral rating and if that does not work file negative if that does not work these are obviously not serious buyers and will probably just fade away never to be heard od again.
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I listed two items. They must see how to calculate postage as per SAPO formula

Comment

oh yes and the new thing is "i never received your email" when the email gets sent from the same pc the same way for everyone and only one or two don't get it. i wonder if they actually check the SPAM box before saying they never received the emails.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Then you get the sellers who profiteer on postage -charge people for registered mail and send it ordinary mail with a tracking number -no wonder some buyers are putting on what they consider fair.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony03 View Post
              Then you get the sellers who profiteer on postage -charge people for registered mail and send it ordinary mail with a tracking number -no wonder some buyers are putting on what they consider fair.
              yes there is some sellers that rips off with postage but no need to put all sellers under the same bucket. if sellers do not have postage listed ask questions if you feel postage is too high do not bid easy as that
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

That's the problem. Buyers tend to think that all sellers on BoB are the same.
                I can't tell you the number of times I've been treated badly because a buyer had a bad experience buying from a previous seller.
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

What makes my "flip" is buyers with 100% ratings (400 and above) that completes an order but do not make a move on payment ! I do not want to be a "party-pooper" but goodness gracious - how long does a seller have to wait for their money? I could have sold the items if knew that the buyer has no intention to pay!!!
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

[QUOTE=anthony03;87984]Then you get the sellers who profiteer on postage -charge people for registered mail and send it ordinary mail with a tracking number -no wonder some buyers are putting on what they consider fair.[/QUOTE

How can a buyer put on what they feel is fair if a seller states his costs upfront and he/she chooses to buy? That's ridiculous. Pay what you're supposed to pay and that's that.... This nonsense of buyers dictating terms 'after' a contract has been entered into is simply not on. If a buyer shortpays us, even 10 rand, we don't send the item....
                    And sellers who are not ethical in their manner of conducting businessshould also be reported.
                    "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

HI
                      I dont condone profiteering on postage but buyers must acquaint themselves with sellers postage rates and if exhorbitant then must not bid!!
                      However there is no tracking number on ordinary mail so i do not know what anthony is referring to?What can happen is that a parcel is too large for registration and is then sent by econoparcel with tracking no and this is about R1.20 CHEAPER than registered but can by no means be decribed as a seller ripping off a buyer as this would then be the the practical thing to do .
                      NEIL

Comment

It seems everyone said something and now there is nothing left for me to say except ....... Oh, Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!

Comment

I had a buyer threaten to "report"me yesterday for not sending a product that she had NOT paid for.
                          When completing the order , she added R16 for overnight shipping ( R56) . I reversed the credit card payment and immediately informed her of her "mistake" requesting that she pay the correct amount. No payment was ever received and when I replied to her email threatening to report me , she replied saying she was no longer interested in the item . Such a waste of my time !
                          consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative.

Comment

Today, she's a good day for me, so not gonna complain about buyers for now... Couple of unfair negatives still hanging in the balance. Giving buyers some time to adjust before complaining to BOB, some SNC's to file..., but that's about it. No nagging emails today, no pesty buyers, no queries, I feel wonderful!!! Can't wait till after Crazy Wednesday tomorrow...
                            "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

once again i will bring up this point regarding postage.

the post office give you a rate for a parcel with a size and another rate for weight well thats all good and well but if you want to package that parcel securly to avoid breakage it will push the article up to the next rate bracket and people do not realise this.

if you send a parcel to a buyer without secure packaging because they did not want to pay postage and it gets there broken then what, a negative rating.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                              X