Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posting tracking numbers in the messaging option on the new system

please advise if this is a good/bad idea ....we normally send emails to each buyer with the tracking number and explain in detail how to track it etc. but if i use the new system i will just update the tracking number as a message ........so who ever is using it , please advise on what problems i can expect from this
    COME WITH US............

I put all my tracking numbers in there, as far as I know its a private message and it gets e-mailed to the buyer. This way I have record on BOB of my communication with a buyer. So as I see it it can only be good.
    Selective choices allow for selective karma...choose wisely
    Click here to veiw my Items here

Comment

I only use the messaging system now - that way everything is on record if there are any hassles.. I haven't any problems so far with it & I started using it as soon as it became available.. It's also very handy for me if a buyer queries the progress of an item - it's easy to check the message I sent them & get the tracking number in a few seconds!
      I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

so no bad from it? excellent my problem with the mails is that some buyers clain not to recieve the emails .........thanks peeps , superstars you's are
        COME WITH US............

Comment

I like to reply to e-mails via the messaging system, that way a buyer can not say I did not respond to questions or queries. The proof is in the pudding.

Comment

Yes with this they cant say they did not get your e-mail. its on their system. No by passing it

Comment

I haven't started using the message system to send the tracking no.'s simply because I find it much quicker to copy and paste from my excel spreadsheet that I work on. Perhaps it's routine, but alot of it has to do with our despatch procedure. Am looking into perhaps switching sometime soon too...
              "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

well i started today and , its just a search which you have to normally do anyway , 1 copy and 1 paste , much much quicker and yes Bumblebabe is 100% correct , the proof is all there , but i just had 1 clown , reply to the mail telling him that i left him a message......and he asks for his tracking number haha , i guess you cant get away from some people.............but the message thing is much quicker and i think will definitely help in a big way in the long run.......
                COME WITH US............

Comment

i think it will also help with most buyers who use the rating system as communication, because when they want to give a negative rating to get their tracking number , they will HAVE to see the tracking number in the message ........i hope
                  COME WITH US............

Comment

Its really nice when you open the sales page and you can see what they bid on, what they owe you and the messages you have sent and when. So you also wont make a mistake sending twice or not sending at all. I have not perches much to know from a buyers point of view, but I can tell you that my buyers all get their messages and respond to them.

Maybe I need to buy to see how it works from the other side

Comment

I was one of the reluctant sellers when it came to changing to the new system, but I'm now grateful that I've managed to get to use it to my advantage!

All communication to the buyer is sent via the system so there is "hard proof" that I have communicated and done my part.

I have a basic format for the tracking number message - just copy one from a previous transaction, change the date and tracking number, and then copy and paste the "new" one for each buyer just changing the tracking number as you go along.

I also find this to be a great tool in informing specific customers of new stock that they would possibly be interested in - example, gems on the Crazy listings, spheres for a specific buyer or two, new bead items, etc.

Re the "labels" that we can use, I've marked mine as:
                      Blue - written up (ie. customer has not completed the order)
                      Orange - awaiting payment (customer has processed the order and payment has not come through)
                      Yellow - payment allocated (payment has been accepted / cleared and transaction has been written up in cash book)
                      Green - Done and file (tracking number sent, ready to file)
                      Red - SNC

You just select the required "colour" at each stage of the process - usually done in batches!

Then you still get the seller / sellers who insert the tracking number into the rating! (the White River seller being a good example) Not good...
                      Last edited by Cali Craft and Gems; 10-11-10, 09:58.
                      Click here for great deals!

Comment

Well done and thanks!!

Originally posted by YSLMAGIC View Post
                        please advise if this is a good/bad idea ....we normally send emails to each buyer with the tracking number and explain in detail how to track it etc. but if i use the new system i will just update the tracking number as a message ........so who ever is using it , please advise on what problems i can expect from this
                        From this buyer's side it is WONDERFUL!
                        No more having to wade through email messages to find things. The information relating to a specific purchase or Order is right there!
                        I love it -
                        thanks MacMuffin and the tech crew!
                        "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Most sellers do, but I think its not okay especially since we now have the messaging system which works better.

Sipho
                          CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

Site was down for at least over an hour early this morning 01:14 am on. If I did use this messaging system, my tracking no.'w ould be standing along with the other admin to be done online...
                            "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

When I send a message to a buyer, using the bob system, can the buyer reply on the site from my message?

Comment

Working...
                              X