No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending items by post a NO-NO - Icasa

Hi All

There was an interesting article in this morning's Star newspaper (page 2) about Icasa and drafting regulations making the sending of certain items by post, illegal. Icasa are busy drafting regulations regarding this and will include the following items:

Coins/money
    guns and gun parts
    furs
    ivory
    X-rated movies
    perfumes
    cigarette lighters
    matches
    paint
    medicine...

to name a few - these items will not be allowed to be posted.

This may have an impact on sellers, and written comments can be sent by post to Icasa by 11 August.

We may consider a petition and send our grievances through as well.

Kind regards
    Cuan

I can understand guns and flamable / hazardous chemicals and stuff but why x-rated movies?

Comment

Originally posted by NoodelsR6 View Post
      I can understand guns and flamable / hazardous chemicals and stuff but why x-rated movies?
      lol, They should be very carefull about this, as one might start thinking that the SAPO is playing big brother, and that can be very scary, and damaging to both parties

We afrikaners have a saying that says "moenie krap waar dit nie juk nie", They are indeed stumbling into deep water, and everyone should get involved and protest against this, as if this law comes to pass, one can only think what is next to follow.

More and more our privacy is getting invaded, without any benifit,

Yes I can understand the guns and gun accessesories but the rest of this list hardly makes any sense.

Comment

Perhaps it is to prevent minors buying something with an age restriction.
        Isn't trade of ivory illigal?

Comment

Originally posted by NoodelsR6 View Post
          Perhaps it is to prevent minors buying something with an age restriction.
          Isn't trade of ivory illigal?
          Yes but were does one draw the line, if I am going wrap up a black rhino horn or the tip of a elephant tusk and send it to hartenbos, then yes thats illigal. But many many many folks have some sort of ivory item in their houses, bought from verified jewellers that did not get that ivory on the black market.

Comment

Most likely so that the postal workers know there is nothing of any value in all Post Office parcels and will stop pinching (?) ;)
            Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

So they can't send medicine through the post... what about the standard procedure of getting your chronic medications that are sent from the distributor to your closest post office? Must the supplier wave the magic wand and the items will be at their destination?

They're just getting their knickers in a knot all over again...
              Click here for great deals!

Comment

Originally posted by Cali Craft View Post
                So they can't send medicine through the post... what about the standard procedure of getting your chronic medications that are sent from the distributor to your closest post office? Must the supplier wave the magic wand and the items will be at their destination?

They're just getting their knickers in a knot all over again...
                lol yeah come to think of it daddy gets his like that, the meds i mean not the knickers

Comment

Info on parcels

It's easy to overcome the problem - just list everything you send as "Personal Effects" and nobody knows what you've sent! I learnt this many, many years ago when I worked for an import/export company who used to import bras for Woolworths (and in those days the word "bra" was not mentioned in polite company!) Now I've given my age away! LoL
                  Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                  Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Or like me, i just say goods, short and sweet!
                    VIEW MY ITEMS!

"Animals Can Communicate Quite Well and They Do and Generally Speaking, They are Ignored!"

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you! Criticize me, and I may not like you! Ignore me, and I may not forgive you! Encourage me, and I will not forget you!"

Comment

I just state "craft samples" - even on gem packages! Imagine the theft rate if you state "precious gems"!

;)
                      Click here for great deals!

Comment

I learnt the trick of stating Warranty Returns or Faulty Returns
                        who's going to pinch it if it does not work,
                        Of course you need to warn the person recieving it not to panic :)
                        Regards, Shane
                        A dedicated Web-Junkie who provides affordable internet services for ALL.
                        My Listings on BoB

Comment

I like that one Shane. May I use it?
                          Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

Ah ha! Your secrets are out! Let me go do a data search on all SAPO items labelled... "faulty" and "samples" hehe.

Imagine you selling a GPS tracker which smses you, you turn it on then if it is stolen... you can find it hehe.

Comment

Jip, "goods" seem the best route. The moment I write jewelery I know the parcel will go missing!
                              See all jewellery from Asha Craft!

"The purest form of love comes from your children."

Comment

Working...
                              X