Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer paid incorrect shipping costs?

I am new, so please forgive me if the answers are available somewhere else :)

A buyer bought 5 items and combined the postage when she made the payment. The combined items now exceeds the weight for a econo parcel and will have to be send as an ordinary parcel.

I have already emailed her and explained the problem (waiting on a reply). If she agrees to make the additional payment, how will she go about it. I am just trying to have the answer ready when she asks me :)

Thank you.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Hi BitsPieces,

Welcome to the Forum.

Postage is a matter between you and the buyer, he/she can just deposit the money into your bank account. ;)
    bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Hi BitsPieces,

Welcome to the Forum.

Postage is a matter between you and the buyer, he/she can just deposit the money into your bank account. ;)
      I've got a similar problem with a new user who owes me R10.00 on postage - has paid the bulk amount but I am not going to post until the R10 reflects as a credit in my account. This happens more frequently than it used to!
      Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
      Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Yip, buyers are always trying to scam sellers through insufficient postage. :D
        Obligatory link to my listings.

Comment

Happened to me also. I send a polite e-mail to ask them to pay the difference. The buyers understood their mistake and we are all happy.

I do agree that you will find the buyer that is difficult. In that case I will refuse to send the item! Unhappy seller - unhappy buyer - not my problem if the buyer cannot read!!!
          VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

Well my new to BoB buyer paid the R10.00 difference so all is well and the parcel is going off to them today! Hip hip hooray for a prospective good user on BoB. :D
            Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
            Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

also had the same problem. one buyer actually paid the item gave me positive rating for fast delivery. filed snc still no postage and still sitting with the item:o maybe this person has too much money and the sellers on bob should take some lessons from this buyer LOL
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by babyface2 View Post
                also had the same problem. one buyer actually paid the item gave me positive rating for fast delivery. filed snc still no postage and still sitting with the item:o maybe this person has too much money and the sellers on bob should take some lessons from this buyer LOL
                With all due respect to you babyface. I owe you for 2 purchases and I cant pay you because you have not answered my email asking you how much I owe you for postage for 3 purchases:D Mail sent today
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Thanks for answering ny email--Had to just pull your leg.;)
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I've had similar issues lately - had 2 buyers use bobpay credit card to pay & didn't include the postage amount... Can some-one tell me - if I refuse a credit card payment, can the buyer do another one, for the correct amount, or is it a case of once a credit card payment is refused for that order, you can't try it again? I wasn't sure, so I accepted both payments, without any postage costs. I sent the one item a week later after no response from the buyer, the other one took a while, but eventually managed to do a cash deposit for the postage amount. Would like to know for future reference though, can I refuse a payment & then let the buyer re-try the credit card with the correct amount?
                    I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

I refused a credit card payment and the reversal cost the buyer R30
                      That was over a year ago so could be more now.
                      Ofcourse gets the buyers back up so not worth it.
                      Rather accept and ask for postage afterwards.
                      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Oops - R30.. More than the postage!! Thanks for the info - good thing I accepted the payments then!
                        I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

this is getting more and more frustrating by the hour never mind the day. A total of 4 buyers have short paid us this week and it seems it is for postage. They seem to think you can post a securely wrapped parcel for R15 and R20. Where are they getting this idea from and I suspect it has something to do with some sort of BoB function as each and everyone who buys from us gets an email setting out what they need to pay after they have won an auction.

They have all been emailed for the correct amount and we will only post once the payment reflects.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

hi Wayjen
                            i had the same problem. sent email to request for the short payment on postage. no response. filed snc buyer wants to know what is the problem as she has paid in full:o i mailed her again. now playing the waiting game. i suggest you do the same maybe you will then get a response from them
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

yeah we are babyface2 we will wait them out.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                              X