Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy goods online and how to ship it from U.S.A. to S.A.

Hi, I am just posting this because I saw some people asking about package forwarding.
    To shop from the United States, I've been using a free package forwarding service from VIAddress : The Global Leader in Package Forwarding for a few months now, and I'm quite satisfied with them... I used them to shop on Amazon.com and Ebay.com and it works great !
    The registration is free on VIAddress : The Global Leader in Package Forwarding. They provide you with a personal US address that you can use to shop from any US merchant and have Viaddress forward your packages to your country.
    If the US merchant does not accept international credit cards, Viaddress can buy the products for you, with no commission fees, then forward the packages to you. You just pay for the shipping fees.

Thanks! Will try them for amazon.com stuff.....
    Items that I am selling

Comment

Viaddress

hi there, i have bought some and shipped to Viaddress, i am soooo frustrated as after paying 180USD i have never heard from them,
      nfxrealms if you can assist on these one as i saw your thread and registed, please assist i have already lost three boxes and 180usd (1300ZAR ) shipping payment.

Comment

I feel so stupid

Originally posted by laodyy View Post
        hi there, i have bought some and shipped to Viaddress, i am soooo frustrated as after paying 180USD i have never heard from them,
        nfxrealms if you can assist on these one as i saw your thread and registed, please assist i have already lost three boxes and 180usd (1300ZAR ) shipping payment.
        Hi Laodyy

Did you ever receive your goods from viaddress?
        I think I've been conned by them!
        Nfxrealms probably works for viaddress and therefore goes around giving good reviews about them. He has only made 1 post.
        Please let me know, I wasted R2500 on them!

LB

Comment

I am not sure about these 'pop up' (seem to be 'everywhere') places that offer this type of service. A couple have been around for a while, but most are fairly new. It's a 'gamble' at best when dealing with an 'unknown' halfway around the world.

Having said that, I have and do forward ship to SA. I have a 'real' address and am PayPal Business Verified (Western Union and / or Money Gram is an option for those who do not have a PayPal account). Unlike the places online, I check the parcel to insure all is in order (any damage noted is 'taken care of' this side BEFORE it is shipped to SA), re-package to meet USPS requirements for shipping to SA and take to the Post Office and post or arrange Courier pick up. Several on the Forum have allowed me to assist them with their shipments from the USA to SA and all was received in good order.

And I don't circumvent BoB. ALL items needed / wanted from this side (Amazon, eBay, elsewhere) are listed on BoB and the Buyer notified of the Auction / Buy Now number.

Ruthie
          ~ When I'm cremated, I want firecrackers in every pocket. Goin' out with a bang! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Not1CentMore View Post
            I am not sure about these 'pop up' (seem to be 'everywhere') places that offer this type of service. A couple have been around for a while, but most are fairly new. It's a 'gamble' at best when dealing with an 'unknown' halfway around the world.

Having said that, I have and do forward ship to SA. I have a 'real' address and am PayPal Business Verified (Western Union and / or Money Gram is an option for those who do not have a PayPal account). Unlike the places online, I check the parcel to insure all is in order (any damage noted is 'taken care of' this side BEFORE it is shipped to SA), re-package to meet USPS requirements for shipping to SA and take to the Post Office and post or arrange Courier pick up. Several on the Forum have allowed me to assist them with their shipments from the USA to SA and all was received in good order.

And I don't circumvent BoB. ALL items needed / wanted from this side (Amazon, eBay, elsewhere) are listed on BoB and the Buyer notified of the Auction / Buy Now number.

Ruthie
            Ruthie, may I make a suggestion that you list your shipping service on bob?
            When ever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Just Beachin View Post
              Ruthie, may I make a suggestion that you list your shipping service on bob?
              Been 'pondering' about doing so, but still 'scratching head' about wording and where to 'put' (catagory). How many your side have difficulty getting items from Amazon, eBarf, elsewhere to SA? Would it be 'cost effective'? Am 'thinking' advertising a 'business' is more costly than Auction / Buy Now and how upset would BoB be if I just put R1? (Sure don't want to wake up in the morning with the BoB Police at my front door with a bag of wet noodles ready to 'bop' me up alongside the head.) Buyer could then get my contact details, explain what they are needing / wanting and I can list the item on BoB.

Reckon I could scratch a little harder... .

Ruthie
              Last edited by Not1CentMore; 10-01-13, 18:11.
              ~ When I'm cremated, I want firecrackers in every pocket. Goin' out with a bang! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Not1CentMore View Post

Ruthie
                I have recently used Not1CentMore (Ruthie) to facilitate a deal from the USA to myself and all I can say is I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her !

Constant feedback, realistic pricing (in other words no getting ripped off deals), she really goes beyond the call of duty.

If you need something from the good old US of A and battling to get it shipped to RSA, pm her you won't be disappointed.
                Click here for great deals!

Comment

Thank-you, Louis. My pleasure to be of assistance. If you / your daughter needs / wants another 'must have' that is not available SA.... just yell.

Ruthie

Comment

This reminds me of an incident yesterday at our post office. We were at the counter and 2 counters away were 2 american guys who were waiting to collect a parcel. The parcel comes and the young lady asks if they are aware of the customs fees attached to the parcel, well will these americano's not go off at the sound of having to pay customs duties. The manager hears this and approaches and says that it is not the PO that wants the money it is customs. They start shouting at each other with the one chap almost climbing over the counter to throttle the manager but the manager kept his cool and said they must take it up with customs. They say the parcel is a gift of some t-shirts from the USA and why must they pay R500 fees and can they open it or send it back. The PO say they cannot open it until paid for and by sending it back the original sender will end up paying fees. They again ask the manager to call customs and he tells them again that it is their parcel and only they can phone. The manager says the problem of the fees arose when the sender wrote gift and a value amount on the UPS box instead of leaving the value blank but the americans shouted that UPS ask for the value of the contents which to me is a Catch 22 situation.

Now I know what "going postal" means.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Don't know where that person is 'coming from'. Contents and value MUST be declared or USPS / Courier will NOT even accept the parcel. It is simply NOT possible to leave 'blank' unless whoever is 'manning the fort' is brain dead. Customs would have a 'field day' if contents and value were missing from the Customs form (not even going to 'clear' US Customs without one). Back to sender... in good time (a month, 6-months, a year). And to have to pay duties / taxes when item is 'refused' and 'returned'.... never have (just return postage) and I have had upwards of a dozen returned as 'unclaimed' because Buyer was too busy (or something) to go to the Post Office and collect only to say, "My parcel did not arrive" (sent a replacement straight away and first one comes back four months later).

Ruthie
                      Last edited by Not1CentMore; 10-01-13, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by wayjen View Post
                        This reminds me of an incident yesterday at our post office. We were at the counter and 2 counters away were 2 american guys who were waiting to collect a parcel. The parcel comes and the young lady asks if they are aware of the customs fees attached to the parcel, well will these americano's not go off at the sound of having to pay customs duties. The manager hears this and approaches and says that it is not the PO that wants the money it is customs. They start shouting at each other with the one chap almost climbing over the counter to throttle the manager but the manager kept his cool and said they must take it up with customs. They say the parcel is a gift of some t-shirts from the USA and why must they pay R500 fees and can they open it or send it back. The PO say they cannot open it until paid for and by sending it back the original sender will end up paying fees. They again ask the manager to call customs and he tells them again that it is their parcel and only they can phone. The manager says the problem of the fees arose when the sender wrote gift and a value amount on the UPS box instead of leaving the value blank but the americans shouted that UPS ask for the value of the contents which to me is a Catch 22 situation.

Now I know what "going postal" means.
                        Yes my dear Wayne, Have been there, done that, still don't have the tee shirt, and I am in fact one of those!
                        When ever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories - Steven Wright

Comment

I find that Ruthie's shipping costs are most reasonable and, having received several parcels from her in recent months, delivery is superb! Nothing has ever gone "missing". Once or twice I have had to pay in a couple of Rands for "customs duty" but never anything hectic.

Never ever hesitate to buy from not1cent more! It's such a pleasure dealing with her.
                          Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                          Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Thank-YOU, Janet. It was my pleasure to source the product you were wanting / needing, list on BoB and ship to you. Need / Want anything else not readily available your side.... just 'yell'.

Ruthie

Comment

You see why it's a Catch-22 situation, if USPS want a value and our Post Master or delivery person in the know say that's why you paying for "a gift", where do we stand?

I wonder if other services from the USA ask for value on gifts? I also heard that if the item is under a certain amount it is free and that you as a South African can receive a certain amount of parcels a year from the same address abroad for free and then anything more you must pay, it's all very confusing.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                              X