No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Charge On Posting

DEAR BID OR BUY,
    I PURCHASE A TOY FOR MY NIECE!S 2YR GIRL. THE SELLING PRICE IS R59.00. WHEN THE VENDOR WROTE BACK TO ME HE CHARGE R50.00 POSTAGE. THE ITEM IS SMALL AND LITE. I HAVE RECEIVED 150 ITEMS THROUGH BIDORBUY AND TILL IS WAY OVER THE NORMAL POSTAGE.
    A PAINTING 50CMX40CM INSURED COST R50.00. I ALWAYS CHECK THE CHARGES FOR POSTAGE. DO NOT WANT A CONFRONTATION THEREFOR DO NOT SUPPORT OVERCHARGERS. I WROTE BACK TO VENDOR AND TOLD HIM INSURED MAX R20.00 FOR PLASTIC TOY. HE CAME BACK TO ME AND TOLD ME HIS CHARGE IS R50.00.
    NOW FAIR IS FAIR WHY DO THEY HAVE TO TRY AND MAKE A BUCK ON POSTAGE.
    NO MENTION OF POSTAGE BEFORE BID.
    I WILL NOW HAVE TO PAY UP OR GET A BAD MARK AGAINST MY NAME.
    BEST REGARDS
    annaroos

Can you post a link to the item please? Was his postage cost on the item page?
    I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Hi annaroos,

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you refering to this item Dress-ups - KIDDIES COSMETIC SET ==NEW== was sold for R59.00 on 2 Sep at 21:01 by VCASH in Cape Town (ID:24912282) if you are, the R50 postage is mentioned upfront in the sellers
      Shipping & Other Charges

Goods bought bet R1-R99,P&P=R50.

Please do not post in all caps, it is considdered as shouting in Netiquette Thank you ;)
      bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
      bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Yes, postage price is clearly mentioned in the advert. But, here again, is another case of a seller ripping a buyer off with postage on an item which will not cost more than R25.00 (packaging and petrol to the post office included!) Not fair.
        Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
        Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

If that is the item, it's confusing as to whether the postage is regular mail or courier. While I agree with you Lily, if this is regular postage, it's a blatant rip off - but the costs are shown up front, so the buyer should be aware of the costs before purchasing. If it's a courier delivery, it's a good deal.. He does say "The buyer is NOT obliged to do the courier through the seller" though..
          I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Hi BOB'ers

I have been with BOB since 2006 and have a 100% payment record, but this week I bid for an old and water damaged cell phone which I won for R5.00. I wanted some of its parts as spares for one of my home cells. NOKIA 6230i WATER DAMAGED, bidorbuy ID: 25408929
            The item was meant to be shipped from Pietermaritzburg and I expected normal parcel postage costs, but the seller quoted me R150 for the item (R5 +R145 postage). He refused to allow pick-ups and insisted that R145 was Post Office postage cost.

I am not prepared to pay R145 postage for an item costing R5, but I also do not want to ruin my 100% buyers rating. No upfront postage cost was mentioned when selling and now the seller is trying to extort money to make up for his "loss". Can anyone help me sort this problem out without it having a negative impact on my good name that I spent years building? I fear I may have no option but to pay up....:(
            Win Big

Comment

Hi RajRules

You definitely seem to have a valid case.
              Contact BoB management at communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and state your case, forwarding correspondence between yourself and the seller. Let them deal with this and if the seller gives you a negative you can appeal it as well.
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Thanks

Thank you Tananka. I did just that.;)
                Win Big

Comment

What about those sellers who live in SA, but quote international shipping prices (from China, etc). Wanna bet that these guys have ample stock in SA and make their money out of postage. Thats why they exist for so long.
                  Win Big

Comment

Originally posted by RAJRULES1 View Post
                    What about those sellers who live in SA, but quote international shipping prices (from China, etc). Wanna bet that these guys have ample stock in SA and make their money out of postage. Thats why they exist for so long.
                    I bet to differ with you here, maybe there are sellers shadowing by the fact they send items from overseas just so they are safe and can recover from postage. There was a thread a while back about this specific buyer who seems to do that.

My items are sent from my suppliers directly to my client and so there is no way things could be different. I do get some stock of certain products and if you check my listings, I am upfront and mention if its sent locally and if not.

Sipho
                    CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

The easiest way out is what I do with such sellers - pay him/her the R5.00 for the item but tell them to keep it as the postage is to high. They can not rate you negatively as you have paid for the item. If they then rate you negative, you will have a case to have it overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by allan2006 View Post
                        The easiest way out is what I do with such sellers - pay him/her the R5.00 for the item but tell them to keep it as the postage is to high. They can not rate you negatively as you have paid for the item. If they then rate you negative, you will have a case to have it overturned.
                        So what about the postage then? As I understand many sellers complain if the full amount isn't payed, postage, bank fees ect. So the technically the item isn't fully payed for?
                        Jacque31

Comment

Originally posted by allan2006 View Post
                          This is against the rules, the seller might have paid BoB about R15.00 to list the item in the first place.

Maybe this a seller talking, I strongly believe if you bid on an item and the shipping is clearly marked R500.00 and win the product for R5.00, you have to pay the shipping. Why complain when you saw the shipping fee beforehand, thats illegal as you knew how much shipping was when bidding now who's problem it is that you won the item cheap. Stop complaining and dont pay, just disappear and not try to make wrong to be right.
                          The same applies, there are no shipping fees on an auction, the first step is asking the seller how much and if they dont respond, simply dont bid. If you bid and win and they tell you its R500.00, you have yourself to blame, why bid when shipping fees arent disclosed. You should expect the worst, if you dont like the charges, just dont pay and stop complaining.

Sipho

Comment

I think this buyer's issue is that the postage isn't specified on the listing : Nokia - NOKIA 6230i WATER DAMAGED was sold for R5.00 on 2 Sep at 16:46 by zaheer0027 in Pietermaritzburg (ID:25408929), & I wouldn't expect to pay so much for postage for a broken cellphone.. Actually, I would have asked postage first, before I bid..

Comment

Originally posted by kebs View Post
                              I think this buyer's issue is that the postage isn't specified on the listing : Nokia - NOKIA 6230i WATER DAMAGED was sold for R5.00 on 2 Sep at 16:46 by zaheer0027 in Pietermaritzburg (ID:25408929), & I wouldn't expect to pay so much for postage for a broken cellphone.. Actually, I would have asked postage first, before I bid..
                              @Kebs, I agree with you the postage seems very high. But I checked on some cell phones and mostly are sent for +-R150.00 speed services. The things is the seller is being blamed for nothing, actually for the buyer's mistake of not ensuring they know the postage fee upfront. Looking at the auction, the buyer bid on 29 August and it closed on 02 September.
                              The fact that the phone is broken doesnt affect shipping, its still the same size and weight and didnt shrink because of water damage. Its just so happened the buyer won it cheap, should the buyer had won the phone for R300.00, would they complain about the postage?

My point, the winning bid doesnt affect shipping, if its not listed ask or dont bid. If you bid expect anything.

Sipho

Comment

Working...
                              X