Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discrepancies in shipping dates

I don't know if this question was asked before on the forum, but I can't find any references to a similar problem.

I won an auction on the 1st of September and paid via BoB EFT the same day. A week later, I saw that even though the EFT payment was completed, I had no communication from the seller beside an invoice. I sent an inquiry to the seller and receive an official email stating that the item was sent on the 7th of September. I checked the SAPO site today and see that the item has only been accepted by the branch to be sent through on the 13th of September.

I just want to know if it is possible for the Post office to accept a parcel on one date and only send it on it's way almost a week later? Or should I be rating the seller down for not so great communication once I receive the parcel?

P.S. I won another 9 auctions from different sellers that same day (1st of September). All with different payment options (that were paid on the same day) and further away from the seller in question in terms of location. A week later I received all their parcels.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Terry Pratchett

When I check my parcels that I've sent, although it takes 24 hours to show on their system, it shows pretty much the time I was at the post office - on the site I think it says item accepted by branch. I've always found it to be accurate, even with a parcel that disappeared off the system after that! I would just confirm with the seller the exact day of delivery, but it is likely that if it was accepted by the branch on the 13th, then it was only taken in to be posted on the 13th.
    I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Thanks, I suspected as much, but wanted to give the seller the benefit of the doubt.
      I have an email from the seller stating it was sent on the 7th of September. Track and Trace shows the 13th of September. I suspected as much. If the seller only let me know that the parcel would be delayed in sending it wouldn't be a problem. Instead, lots of lies sent to me via email. I'm not sure if I'll leave a negative, that will depend on the state of the item.
      The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
      Terry Pratchett

Comment

Let me tell you about my experience lately with the post office (I want to STRANGLE them)

I post on 9 September. On 11 September I went to buy envelopes at the same post office. I receive a parcel back - posted by myself on the 9th of September! It only went to the HUB at Witspos and returned to me!!! Did not even went further than Jhb!!! And this is not the first time this happens.

I am FEDUP!!
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

@ moppies - I think you need to report this to your Postmaster! This is unacceptable business practice on the part of the post office!
          Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
          Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Just imagine. this one seller is charging R 255 for shipping a mixed box of motherboards?

Comment

I see that as well. Surely, the seller should let the buyer know that there will be a delay. I think my gripe is communication. Of course, with SAPO being the way they are extra checks are necessary.
              Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by moppies View Post
                Let me tell you about my experience lately with the post office (I want to STRANGLE them)

I post on 9 September. On 11 September I went to buy envelopes at the same post office. I receive a parcel back - posted by myself on the 9th of September! It only went to the HUB at Witspos and returned to me!!! Did not even went further than Jhb!!! And this is not the first time this happens.

I am FEDUP!!
                lol, that is very random....
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                X