Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAPO Track n Trace system sucks big time!

The SAPO online track and trace system is a total waste of time. There are endless bugs and problems with it. I eneter tracking numbers and every now and then their system throws up results for a completely different number. Either that or they're offline or there are just incomplete results on their system. Item will say "In Transit" months after the person has collected the parcel.

"We deliver whatever it takes.... but the journey can be rough"
    "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

I agree that it tends to be a bit slow but generally it works OK. I have never had incorrect info displayed. The accuracy of the system depends on whether the SAPO staff keep it up to date. The system works - the people don't......
    Dennis
    Items that I am selling

Comment

Hi Dennis,

I'd love to agree with you but here's an example

Enter this no. in the track and trace system and see if throws the reults for that number or some other:SAPO: The South African Post Office
      PE685603306ZA

Comment

The SAPO site does not even open. Have had this problem with it for more that a month now, the loading dial just keeps turning and nothing happens.

Very annoying.
        Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

I am another one who finds the SAPO system sucks! If it happens to be working, it does sometimes throw up totally incorrect information.

Their IT staff are definitely not a patch on the BoB IT team! Perhaps we are just spoilt with the excellent service we get on BoB?
          Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
          Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by mellowred View Post
            The SAPO site does not even open. Have had this problem with it for more that a month now, the loading dial just keeps turning and nothing happens.

Very annoying.
            Try this link...
            South African Post Office - Parcel Tracking
            "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

I also find it annoying at times, but strangely the time of day seems to matter when you try and log in. Before 8:00am, no problem, 9:00 to 1:00pm, will only log in sometimes, after 3:00pm, all OK again. Weird.
              Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Comment

Stupid system....Does not even load up 80% of the time.

I am pretty sure it is not that hard to get it working properly.......

MacMuffin needs to get stuck in there.
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by RAG Auctioneers View Post
                  Stupid system....Does not even load up 80% of the time.

I am pretty sure it is not that hard to get it working properly.......

MacMuffin needs to get stuck in there.
                  Ummm - which internet link are you using? Almost without exception I am able to get this link to work...

South African Post Office - Parcel Tracking

Every so often, the link comes back with the message:
                  "Parcel number XXXXXXXXX was not found in the database!"

And then if you try a few more times, it does show the parcel tracking route - OR the site is down for a minute or two but generally it works extremely well.
                  "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

I use this link:

Parcel Track | Parcel Tracking

Always online!
                    VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

Reason why SAPO Track&Trace sucks... it uses an Oracle database!
                      Obligatory link to my listings.

Comment

I believe they're working on a new system.. but I think I'm just a sucker for belief

Comment

The off-line bit is the worse when it hangs for 20 min at a time ....
                          Click here to VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

www sapo.co.za & www.speedservices are unusable MOST of the time. Parcel Track | Parcel Tracking has worked for me every time. Turf the previous 2; the exact same info is available on Parcel Track | Parcel Tracking saving you lots of aggravation.

Comment

yes parcel track is the best option , but the sapo really need to get this 'in transit' nonsense sorted out
                              COME WITH US............

Comment

Working...
                              X