Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you explain to buyer that it is out of your control that track&trace is offlin

New Buyer won auction on Wednesday,paid on Thursday,money cleared on Saturday.I posted on Sunday at the Hyper by the Sea post office which is opened on Sundays.Received email from buyer on Monday stating that no such tracking number is on Sapo track&trace(when it was still online).Explained to her that it can take up to 2 days or longer to reflect on the system.Then since Monday track&trace is offline.She phones the post office today and they tell her that they dont have that tracking number on their system.Now that track & trace is offline,its causing numerous problems,especially with Newbies that dont understand how it all works.Its still only 3 working days since it was posted,so it is within the time frame that I give buyers 3-5 working days
    Items I have for sale.

Your buyer is being ridiculously impatient. Did you tell him/her that it takes 5 to 7 working days before he/she will get the parcel? Only then should she start worrying and then she must go in to her local Post Office with her tracking number and lodge an official, written enquiry as to her parcel's whereabouts. This is when the Post Office usually gets a skrik and produces the parcel! (Track and trace and SAPO: The South African Post Office are invariably not up-to-date, even when they are on line!) ;)
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Did all that,just waiting to see what happens
      Items I have for sale.

Comment

DreamBeadz - why don't you tell your buyer to take a look at this thread? :)

Comment

I've had buyers receive parcels that still don't show up on track and trace. More SAPO flaws and inconsistencies. Feel for you DreamBeadz...
          "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

In my email to new buyers when I send them the tracking number of their parcel, I actually tell them that Trace & Trace is down more often than not and that they must not be alarmed if they can't find their parcel in the PO system, but that if they have not received the parcel within 5 to 7 working days, they should take the tracking number in to their local PO and lodge an official, written enquiry as to the parcel's whereabouts.

Comment

Working...
            X